Reliance Big TV DTH Service Launch

• Thread starter Thread starter pondpaka
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 424
  • Views Views 236,264
^
Safety Tips

- Do not provide personal contact information until you verify details of the person you interact with
- Beware of Money seeking scams. Avoid wire transfer of money
- Beware of people trying to pressurize you to divulge personal / financial information
- In case you become suspicious of the person, trust your instincts and have their details verified
- Cross check information about the person, watch for inconsistencies or unusual answers
- Report any unusual activity to [email protected] or report the matter to the authorities
- Exercise your judgment as ultimately, you are responsible for your personal experience
[/B]

True Dont trust any website with no landline number or addresss.You wont be able to trace them in case of problems..Landline You will know where they are...George

Yes it is always advisable to never give out personal details or leak financial details via net or phonei havent got for myself a Big TV DTH service as i already have a tata skyi enquired whether Reliance have come up with DVR initially & he said it is not yet available, i am not in any way responsible or related to this guyregardsSabir

Hi Azmat, I am in Navi Mumbai. Can i bought BIG Tv from you? and also i know the channel subscription charges paying options after three months. Regards,Raja.E

Who ever buy the connectin, you will be responsible for your buying. Reliance will deactivate all Testing connections which is running when it will launched and those will re activate by providing coupen of Reliance PCO or Employess code only.So your connection will never re start. This information provided by ISP here. So beware

Reliance’s Big TV appoints Arun Kapoor as president Indiantelevision.com Team(4 July 2008 10:00 pm)
MUMBAI: Reliance ADAG's upcoming direct-to-home (DTH) service Big TV has appointed Arun Kumar Kapoor as its president.
Kapoor comes in from Zee's DTH company Dish TV where he was working as the CEO, before he resigned in April-end. Interestingly, Reliance had earlier tapped Sunil Khanna who was also the chief executive of Dish TV.
Reliance’s Big TV appoints Arun Kapoor as president Indiantelevision.com Team(4 July 2008 10:00 pm)
MUMBAI: Reliance ADAG's upcoming direct-to-home (DTH) service Big TV has appointed Arun Kumar Kapoor as its president.
Kapoor comes in from Zee's DTH company Dish TV where he was working as the CEO, before he resigned in April-end. Interestingly, Reliance had earlier tapped Sunil Khanna who was also the chief executive of Dish TV.
Before joining Dish TV, Kapoor was in Hutchison Essar South Limited, where he was functioning as CEO for the Punjab Circle.

The DTH market is going to hot up in India. Currently, there are three private and one public DTH service providers. But Reliance, Bharti and Videocon are the other players who are preparing for the launch of their service.
Big TV DTH Service is powered by MPEG–4 technology and is expected to launch by September-October.Before joining Dish TV, Kapoor was in Hutchison Essar South Limited, where he was functioning as CEO for the Punjab Circle.

The DTH market is going to hot up in India. Currently, there are three private and one public DTH service providers. But Reliance, Bharti and Videocon are the other players who are preparing for the launch of their service.
Big TV DTH Service is powered by MPEG–4 technology and is expected to launch by September-October.

RELIANCE STBs DELAYED ?

Speculation in the press is that the launch of Anil Ambani's Reliance BIG TV DTH has been delayed due to lack of STBs.:wall:

According to sources, RCom has placed orders for its MPEG-4 STBs with Hyundai, UEC, Thomson, Hunmax, Homecast, Coship and Kaon Media. MPEG-4 chipsets are in short supply and these STB manufacturers from Korea, China, Taiwan are scheduled to commence large volume deliveries only between July and December this year.:whistle:

Hence BIGTV is likely to launch only around 15th August, or later.:redface:

Source: Satellite & Cable TV

not really strategic move but the move made to look strategic!!

Back