Reliance Big TV DTH STB is not Your own

• Thread starter Thread starter phoenixbkn
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 3,278

phoenixbkn

ISP
Airtel 1099 Home Plan 512 KBPS
The BigTV STB is not yours. This is a property of BigTV.1. Tata(Sky STB is your own property2. DishTV giving you STB for 3 years after they charge rent.What you all guy Think ???

who on earth cares..i think BIG tv is the best...quantity wise...quality wise...good enuff for me..

The BigTV STB is not yours. This is a property of BigTV.

1. Tata(Sky STB is your own property
2. DishTV giving you STB for 3 years after they charge rent.

What you all guy Think ???

No Tata Sky STB is not yous either.
Read their terms and conditions, it says that the STB's ownership remains Tata's.

TATA(Sky STB is yours but Digicard is a property of Tata Sky. I know all Terms and Condition about TATA(Sky. And i read BigTV Terms and condition they wirte STB is property of BigTV

TATA(Sky STB is yours but Digicard is a property of Tata Sky. I know all Terms and Condition about TATA(Sky. And i read BigTV Terms and condition they wirte STB is property of BigTV
okay yes the tata sky digicomp is urs but in the contract it clearly says that if you disconnect their service they can come and take all "your" hardware.
It does not say only Dish (which is property of TS) or Smart Card, it says your hardware. They have been very smart about this in their contract, if you disconnect their service they can take your STB even though it is your property.

If I object then? Decision is upto me I can sell it to dabba-batali-bhangarwala and earn money.Soon I m planning to throw down my dishtv connection, not through d window, but from terrace!:@

dishtv is almost free :Pafter three years, they charge a rent of 1 Re/year ! They dont want to charge anything, but they want to keep this as their property to avoid converting to receive fta channels... etc.. etc...

okay yes the Tata Sky digicomp is urs but in the contract it clearly says that if you disconnect their service they can come and take all "your" hardware.
It does not say only Dish (which is property of TS) or Smart Card, it says your hardware. They have been very smart about this in their contract, if you disconnect their service they can take your STB even though it is your property.

Can u please provide the link for Ownership Terms and Conditions ?
And also, why do u wanna disconnect ur service ? Keep it till validity gets over, then use it receiving FTA channels :D (see some threads created in TS section FTA channels on TS STB).

Can u please provide the link for Ownership Terms and Conditions ?
And also, why do u wanna disconnect ur service ? Keep it till validity gets over, then use it receiving FTA channels :D (see some threads created in TS section FTA channels on TS STB).
im not a user of TS so im jsut giving an example, i dont use crappy TS which provides crap quality, specially when viewed on a LCD, I can't be bothered to find actualy Term and conditions but I will give you a website which is petitioning against TS.
Orange Hues: A Conspiracy Called Tata Sky

im not a user of TS so im jsut giving an example, i dont use crappy TS which provides crap quality, specially when viewed on a LCD, I can't be bothered to find actualy Term and conditions but I will give you a website which is petitioning against TS.
Orange Hues: A Conspiracy Called Tata Sky

Obviously even if you go and sell the Big Tv STB, they can't do crap to you.
They'll ask you to pay for it. But if you don't all they can do is go to court.
I doubt they will take you to court as the legal charges will be to high; not worth for a RS 2000-3000 STB (1499RS is not the actual cost, they cover the actual cost through their packages). Even if they go to court it will probably take 20 yrs for the case to finish, you can probably find a politician who will pay you to fight the case only if you promise him a good % of profit from Tata IF you win, so don't worry, do what you want with the STB, just remember if you break it you will hve to pay for a new one.

Back