Reliance Industries Limited promises broadband revolution in India

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 47
  • Views Views 29,036
If i remember correctly, prices in the mobile services sector did drop considerably in the 1-2 yrs following reliance CDMA services launch in late 2002 but at that time the group had not split and therefore maybe mukesh had a role to play in reliance infocomm ..so now with mukesh reentering BB sector maybe we can hope for something good.

you are also missing an important detail. mobile services got cheaper. but they also became crappy. reliance lowered the bar for the quality of customer support and mobile services. even today, reliance is not even an option for someone who wants a quality mobile service provider. look at the entry of tata docomo in the gsm market. pay per second. revolutionary. but we also started seeing customer care calls become paid after all these price cuts.

what i was trying to point out was that the company that lowered the bar was anil ambani controlled reliance infocomm...so maybe infotel with mukesh can be better..co's of RIL that u mentioned might not have performed well in the B2C segment but that doesnt mean that one writes off infotel even before the launch of its services..there can be different levels of services offered by 2 subsidiaries of the same co.

there can be different levels of services offered by 2 subsidiaries of the same co.

reliance retail
reliance digital
reliance resq
reliance mart

here are four divisions of reliance. have had pathetic experiece dealing with pretty much each of these.

if i add in junior ambani....

reliance mobile

again. terrible personal experiences.

my friend has had awful experience dealing with reliance broadband folks. i did not even entertain their sales people who wanted me to 'replace' airtel broadband connection with theirs.

i cannot simply state ONE reliance branded service that has been a pleasant experience for me personally.

reliance retail
reliance digital
reliance resq
reliance mart

isnt that only one subsidiary ie reliance retail..reliance infocomm is bad but that is controlled by anil..point is...if reliance retail by mukesh is bad = automatically means that infotel is rubbish?...it might turn out to be good/bad but that should be determined when it actually launches.

well i can only base my expectations for the service based on my previous experience dealing with the company. :) reliance has failed in the b2c segment. and i have serious doubts if they are planning to cater to regular consumers with their BWA license. anyways... i would not mind at all if they do offer great services at affordable prices. pretty much all of us wants an affordable wireless internet option for our mobile devices.

The question is, when will they launch and start the new broadband revolution in India?

i cannot simply state ONE reliance branded service that has been a pleasant experience for me personally.
Same here. :|
Well, lets hope atleast this starts a price war in the broadband segment. Mobile, DTH, etc. are cheap but broadband still isn't. I would be glad if RIL could change the current picture even by 1%

reliance retail
reliance digital
reliance resq
reliance mart

here are four divisions of reliance. have had pathetic experiece dealing with pretty much each of these.

if i add in junior ambani....

reliance mobile

again. terrible personal experiences.

my friend has had awful experience dealing with reliance broadband folks. i did not even entertain their sales people who wanted me to 'replace' airtel broadband connection with theirs.

junior ambani..................................lmao

you talk like he is a baby

Same here. :|
Well, lets hope atleast this starts a price war in the broadband segment. Mobile, DTH, etc. are cheap but broadband still isn't. I would be glad if RIL could change the current picture even by 1%

absolutely correct

Back