Reliance Industries Limited promises broadband revolution in India

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 47
  • Views Views 29,036
when will eggs going to roll out

Well whatever everyone says but reliance is known to revolutionize the tariff in any sector, take the example of Mobile they unleashed the tariff war and we now have 80-90 % less rates compared to pre reliance era

just one thing. and that too long time ago. reliance has done little else everywhere. they tried to revolutionize petrol pumps, government kicked them hard and they are barely surviving now.

Yeah the same happened with their reliance fresh too. They thought they will take india by storm but the rest is a joke. They have been criticised for rotten vegetables(thy had fresh in their name-LOL), no real or great discounts as promised, selling expired items.And their aggressive expansion almost forced the entire industry to do the same which ultimately led to almost killing of the industry.

reliance fresh has given me some of the worst shopping experiences ever. much smaller players like garg dastak have done an exceedingly good job in comparison. one interesting thing i had like to mention here... the reliance fresh outlet in sector 31 gurgaon recently caught fire and everything was burnt down. i do not see them reconstructing it right now. maybe they are... but i do not see any progress. there are rumors in the area that the company burnt it down intentionally to collect insurance money because the store was not doing very well and there was tons of expired stuff that was worthless to them.

and about the telecom sector i dont think they bought the revolution.I think tata' indicom first launched the idea of 2 year recharge free plan then airtel bought lifetime. And then tata docomo launched the per second tariff war. Were war reliance in all this.There monsoon hungama plans were too costly for normal people and 40p thing which all this reliance guys brag about was just for intra net calls that too fr 700-800 bucks.

people still believe reliance launching 500 rupee mobile phone was a revolution. it was a massive scam. a lot of people benefited of course. but a lot of people struggled with poor quality of services as well.

Relaince are total chor now whether its share market or their services they offer........soiled the name of their father and are using the goodwill of the co. to their own advantage. Eg: There was a company called RNRL run by Anil Ambani he promised lot of things however none of those things ever happened.....on one day Mr. Anil Ambani decides that he wanna merge this co. to his exiting company at 50% discount..which means if some one bought shares worth Rs 2L lost 1L in just one day becz of this scam...nd no one even thinks this is a scam I knw ppl who committed suicide becz of this but never made the news......or prlby reliance made sure they never do.....Anil Ambani should be jailed and hanged !!The other brother ain't that behind when it comes hiding scams like these....

One can give the maximum QoS in BB in wireless medium. If you take singapore as an example Singtel is a company that concentrates more in enterprises services, but the quality of broadband provided to consumer is maintained well and the tariff is so low, where one can get a 15mbps connection for SG 55$ (1800 INR Rs).
This is being instrumental only because of the government that has the vision and motivation that makes such huge target accomplished easily.

Singapore has a lot of things that India does not - firstly it's a major hub for all of the cables coming in from almost every continent, secondly SG$55 is quite a lot for a 15mbit/s connection, and in my most recent experience in Singapore, it doesn't even perform at the promised speed.

There are many ways for one to oppose the points i mentioned above saying that Its a developed country. But, being a resident Indian I need the forum users to take action by either sending mails to prominent officials in DoT.

I've had to deal with some of the officials in the DoT - I'm not sure what can be achieved by doing that. Unfortunately it's a case of "easier said than done": the DoT can pretty much say what it wants, and it's already trying to ensure certain standards are met by the various operators - their latest Broadband plan kind of reflects that - but whether the operators choose to play ball (or are even capable of it) is a completely different story.

I feel that the DoT has big dreams for India, but if the penalties for not following the rules are less than the effect that changes have to the ISP's bottom lines, well, it's just easier to pay the dues, isn't it?

Dont keep hopes too high with Reliance .. they have a habit of disappointing at times ... although it will be a dream come true if he can offer 5mbps unlimited at 1500 - 2000 Rs per month ...

Somehow seems unlikely. If Reliance knows what's good for them, they won't introduce unlimited plans on a wireless medium. But if the data tariffs are reasonable, sure, why not?

reliance has failed in the b2c segment. and i have serious doubts if they are planning to cater to regular consumers with their BWA license.

RCOM broadband services aren't that popular in the B2B segment, either - for some reason, Tata seems to rule that segment. In fact, they're the least favourite in the bandwidth wholesale market, too.

Of course, who knows what can happen with the new RIL. A lot of people simply don't know the difference between RIL and RCOM - they'll see "Reliance" and the offerings of some form of Broadband and assume it's the same company.

This could be very bad for the consumer's confusion, and I'm having trouble deciding who it will negatively affect more: RIL because of RCOM's existing reputation in the mobile/broadband segment, or RCOM because RIL might dilute it's image - people could go to RCOM looking for RIL's offerings and upon failing to find it would simply give up or vice versa.

The question is, when will they launch and start the new broadband revolution in India?

I've heard whispers of December/January.

Back