Reliance Jio AirFiber MySafeNet Parental Control

ISP
Jio
Hi All,

So I've been using Jio Air Fiber for almost 5 months now and it seems like it's started to get stable nowadays. I live in northeast Delhi and am on a 100 MBPS plan and most of the time I'm getting 100 Mbps download and somewhere around 115-120 Mbps upload speed and no downtime at all. I use it for my WFH and now I started realizing that it would be fine if I go ahead with air fiber for another 6 months and give up my excitel fiber for good.

However, the only issue is Jio's MySafeNet parental control for me. There are tons of sites that I can not open, some of them directly redirect to Jio's MySafeNet page saying I'm not allowed to open those websites as they might contain malware while I'm pretty sure not all of them contain malware.
I can see in the Jio Home application, that the websites I was trying to open have been marked as either malware or adware. I do understand the security concerns here but like I said, not all of them contain malware. I have also noticed that we have "Link Device" functionality in JioHome's MySafeNet where you can create a profile with the "Adult" category which lets you access the internet without any restriction, but so far I have not found a way to link any device, I'm unsure if that feature even ready for the customer use.

I know VPN or Cloudflare Warp can do the job here, but I was looking for a way to access all the sites without any VPN/Proxy, similar to how we access the internet over any other fiber connection OR even Jio 5G doesn't have those restrictions.

Let me know if anybody had any luck linking the device to his adult profile under JioHome's MySafeNet.

Thanks

@Himanshu42 I am aslo using Jio AirFibre since few weeks and it's now stable for me at all.

I would like to know a few things from your side.
  1. What's the firmware version your router has? You can know by logging in to the router.
  2. Are you facing any packet loss issue in Wifi?
  3. Are you facing any connection drop issue every 24 hrs.

Hi rohit267,

I am on latest firmware GMOBJIO_JIDU6801_R1.9.1 and there’s no connection drop at all since last couple of months!

My house is quite closer to the tower, only 94 meters. Packet loss is there and is obviously expected, airfiber is dealing in frequencies where you can not expect that there wouldn’t be packet loss at all!

Being a online gamer myself, the packet loss is not that bad, in CS2 I get around 40ms ping to mumbai servers with 1-2% of constant loss! In valorant, the ping on mumbai servers is 30-35ms with no loss! And in COD Warzone, ping in singapore servers is around 140-150ms with 3-4% of loss.

Anyway, did you had any luck with the parental control thing? I am trying to access few sites to download the games or movies, most of them are blocked with error message of Jio’s MySafeNet.

Hi @rohit267, my apologies for the late reply. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post any third-party URL here on the forums... but here are some sites that I can not access - gamedrive[dot]org or modflix[dot]xyz

Whenever I try to access the above sites on Jio AirFiber, I get the below error

Screenshot-2024-03-12-112137.png

Also, if I see what went wrong in the JioHome app, all these sites are shown under the malware category (but open fine with Jio 5G or any other network)

IMG-1159.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Back