Reliance Jio is blocking PIA (Private Internet Access) VPN

• Thread starter Thread starter tatyasky
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 53
  • Views Views 11,775
It’s still blocked on my Jio FTTH. PIA App just keeps on displaying connecting……

I searched but didn’t find a single article that blocking VPN is government directive. So why these assholes blocking things arbitrarily? Thankfully at home, TataPlay FTTH hasn’t blocked Warp+ and PIA ……yet but everyone might soon follow their godly leader (Jio). They are of view, if Jio does it, then it must be right and profitable.

Warp is definitely blocked .
My isp has Jio as upstream provider and Warp only shows connecting.
Wireguard profile too not working

It’s still blocked on my Jio FTTH. PIA App just keeps on displaying connecting……

I searched but didn’t find a single article that blocking VPN is government directive. So why these assholes blocking things arbitrarily? Thankfully at home, TataPlay FTTH hasn’t blocked Warp+ and PIA ……yet but everyone might soon follow their godly leader (Jio). They are of view, if Jio does it, then it must be right and profitable.
I might be wrong but isn't Tata like the biggest ISP? Not in terms of customer base but in terms of infra and aren't they like the oldest in the business? I doubt they will follow Jio in this regard.

Warp is definitely blocked .
My isp has Jio as upstream provider and Warp only shows connecting.
Wireguard profile too not working
Same here, even my ISP has Jio as upstream and Warp is definitely blocked, using ProtonVPN currently and it isn't blocked yet.

I tried PIA on my Jio mobile connection & it works perfectly. Why would they block only their Jio fibre service? P2P? One more thing, on PIA times of India does not load neither does lastpass log in. Sometimes I begin to wonder if a block of IPs have been banned by some companies.

Could it be possible that it's not Jio doing the blocking but it's the VPN provider and similar provider itself that has banned Jio cgnat ip ranges after observing suspicious traffic originating from them?

I mean one ibf member here was running a script to make connections to large number of IP to check for blocking... I'm not saying that itself is the cause because I think it was running on a cloud instance?

But I mean to say if some users from Jio are generating such type of unusual traffic?

Back