Reliance Jio Plus Postpaid Family Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter minuteman
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 88
  • Views Views 14,745
I have decided to switch from Jio as soon as the waiting period is over. Team full of idiots and even the appellate team is full of incompetent idiots! Support is non existent. Airtel support is generations ahead of Jio.

^ More or less all r same category 🥲

Please avoid Jio postpaid family plans. I tried to remove my family numbers from the plan and now for 1 day they wont have any outgoing facility. Also data connection is suspended till tonight.

Apparently Jio takes 1 day to activate any standalone plans if you opt out of the family plans.

It is a very bad dark pattern being followed by Jio

Last edited:
I am Jio family plan subscriber and changed my family plan from the old to the new today. It takes upto 24 hours to be activated.

Once a family members is removed from the family plan that person needs to choose an individual a plan of their own or join another family plan. Either one ASAP. Otherwise they get only incoming calls and SMS facility till new plan is activated which is a max of 24 hrs.

The app clearly warns you when removing family members or changing plans. So don't blame Jio please. There's nothing 'dark' about it. All telecom providers have a time out period before plan activation takes place.

Last edited:
Hi Chip. I changed plans immediately for the family members. While opting out of the plan I was asked to pay security deposit for the new 299 plans which I did immediately. There was not even 1 minute delay. The app did not show any warning about the issue to me for any of the 3 child numbers for which I changed plans.

Infact for one child plan I did that from their own number and not through parent number. In both cases the new plans will get activated only after 24 hours.

This is a dark pattern my friend. I called Jio customer care and they confirmed the same process. They asked me to recharge with an add on (pre on post) plan to avail calling and data function if I need to which would mean a recharge of about Rs 150 for 1 day’s function.

@AltusRector Rs 150 for a day's functionality?! Now that's a rip off considering on the 699 + GST family plan you're paying about Rs 175 + tax per connection for a whole month of operation.

I got proper warnings during the plan change, even when removing a member never faced the issue you did. Is it some Circle specific issue? I am in MH. In fact the phones are all functional even now. BTW what made you leave the family plan and opt for the more expensive 299 one?

Also, entering a credit or debit card # and setting to auto debit will resolve the problem of paying the deposit.

Yes chip. They asked me to recharge with 149 for 20 days plan (1 gb per day and calling) function per number opted out.

I am in Kolkata circle and the apps did not show any warning that it will take 24 hours to activate a new plan. Else I would have planned it in a better way.

The reason I opted out of Jio is because the international roaming doesnt work without an add on recharge for the child plans. We frequently visit our neighbouring countries for work purpose and have to unnecessarily recharge every time even for keeping emergency calling facility. I am evaluating airtel as an alternative right now.

I pay via bill payment mechanisms of banks and usually get 5% cashback. Paying security deposit is not an issue. That gets recovered over the years.

Back