Reliance Jio Prime Membership (Free extension for one year)

Are you subscribing to JIO Prime Offer?

• Yes

Votes: 53 66.3%
  • No

Votes: 16 20.0%
  • Can't Say

Votes: 11 13.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
so how does recharges would go? with airtel i pay 1000 bucks in one go and recharge data as i need it. jio seems to be prepaid but has postpaid like plans. would i need to manually recharge 149 every 28 days assuming i do not want to set up auto pay? or i can add money to jiomoney and it would keep on deducting from that? recharging process does not even show jiomoney. no upi as well. insane.

Would you guys call a 20 Mbps connection 4G ? The whole 4G tag is a joke on Jio.

@Susubh Jio has Postpad if you want to autopay. For Prepaid you have to do manually recharge. Or just buy long term plan like 999(60 days) or 9999.

so how does recharges would go? with airtel i pay 1000 bucks in one go and recharge data as i need it. jio seems to be prepaid but has postpaid like plans. would i need to manually recharge 149 every 28 days assuming i do not want to set up auto pay? or i can add money to jiomoney and it would keep on deducting from that? recharging process does not even show jiomoney. no upi as well. insane.
If you read the T&C you are supposed to have auto pay if you are postpaid customer.I don't know about Jio money though.

Yeah its a combination of two things:
1) For most of the day, in my area and at my office the speeds are 2G or low 3G at best. So no matter the FUP, the network is useless for everything aside from checking mails.
2) At night however, esp during the free hours, speeds greatly improve probably due to correspondingly lower no of users. And for me atleast, they used to be high enough I could easily download upwards of 10-15 GB every night during those 3 hours.

With calling largely unavailable as well on the SIMs I have, if I can't even use internet for most of the day then night unlimited was my only hope of proper data usage. I have 4 MBps BSNL broadband in my area as the only reliable wireline service, so I was really happy to have those high speeds and unlimited downloading ability at night. Even I would be willing to pay 100-200 Rs for unlimited night usage as the speeds are likely to be much higher and that would be great value for money.

I guess it would depend on the no of prime subscribers at the end of this month. IF their targets aren't met, won't be surprised if they offer discounts/other plans to lure more customers.
Yeah and also how other operators respond to prime.

Now Voda is Giving same (1GB/day for 56 days then next 11 months with 28 daday billing cycle (prepaid) for 346.

ptySQ0K.jpg

Looks like JioNet is still there,not that it matters to me..

i had converted my primary idea number to prepaid last month and loaded it with rs 50 for calling when jio fails,

it still has rs 35 balance at the end of 30 odd days. so i was paying rs 275 for idea postpaid and rs 312 for 4 gb 3G data

per month,total rs 600 odd.

will go for the jio 303 plan now, and will be saving 250 odd rupees per month, and will retain my primary number on idea

for the time being.

p.s.-was getting 1 Mbps speed on my mtnl 3G network which was patchy at best. with jio i'm getting 5-15 Mbps depending

on my location.

I am taking Prime, but data above 12-15 Gb is not an issue for me.
Downloaders should wait, there may be some good offers coming from others soon.

Back