Reliance Jio Prime Membership (Free extension for one year)

Are you subscribing to JIO Prime Offer?

• Yes

Votes: 53 66.3%
  • No

Votes: 16 20.0%
  • Can't Say

Votes: 11 13.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Is it just me or the speeds on the JIO network have gone down even further over the last 2-3 days? I used to get upto 2 Mbps at times during day and 20Mbps plus during night hours but now I am down to 2G speeds during day and max 10-12 Mbps at night. How am I supposed to be convinced to subscribe to Prime when their service seems to be getting worse as we draw closer to paid subscriptions? x'D:p

Paid for prime. Internet on dad's phone is useless.

Is it just me or the speeds on the JIO network have gone down even further over the last 2-3 days? I used to get upto 2 Mbps at times during day and 20Mbps plus during night hours but now I am down to 2G speeds during day and max 10-12 Mbps at night. How am I supposed to be convinced to subscribe to Prime when their service seems to be getting worse as we draw closer to paid subscriptions? x'D:p
You're not the only one. I used to get atleast 10 Mbps during peak hours and now I can't even book an uber. I've complained through app, let's see if they could fix this or not.

^ It wasn't that popular due to timings. It's just people would have loved to have it as an option. I would gladly pay 99 extra addon for Night Unlimited if they are wiling to give. Iget phenomenal speeds on NU

If you opt for ebill n autopay then they r giving 15% discount also. which is same amount as service tax.
However you get full billing cycle instead of 28days.
Cc told their isn't any thing like discount on e bill and auto pay.

does anybody have a feeling this whole prime thing would become free or there would be other discounts/plans?

^ It wasn't that popular due to timings. It's just people would have loved to have it as an option. I would gladly pay 99 extra addon for Night Unlimited if they are wiling to give. I get phenomenal speeds on NU

Yeah its a combination of two things:
1) For most of the day, in my area and at my office the speeds are 2G or low 3G at best. So no matter the FUP, the network is useless for everything aside from checking mails.
2) At night however, esp during the free hours, speeds greatly improve probably due to correspondingly lower no of users. And for me atleast, they used to be high enough I could easily download upwards of 10-15 GB every night during those 3 hours.

With calling largely unavailable as well on the SIMs I have, if I can't even use internet for most of the day then night unlimited was my only hope of proper data usage. I have 4 MBps BSNL broadband in my area as the only reliable wireline service, so I was really happy to have those high speeds and unlimited downloading ability at night. Even I would be willing to pay 100-200 Rs for unlimited night usage as the speeds are likely to be much higher and that would be great value for money.

does anybody have a feeling this whole prime thing would become free or there would be other discounts/plans?

I guess it would depend on the no of prime subscribers at the end of this month. IF their targets aren't met, won't be surprised if they offer discounts/other plans to lure more customers.

Back