Reliance JioFiber: Port Forwarding NOT SUPPORTED

• Thread starter Thread starter spacer
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 189
  • Views Views 116,651
The JioFiber router web interface presents option for port forwarding however it does not work in practice.
The page accepts and saves all the configuration changes you do. Yet you won't be able to connect to the port from outside.

The router also has a DMZ and UPnP options and those do not work either.
Customer care is unable to help ("We have no information about this at the moment")

The IP address as seen from outside is different than what the router shows as its WAN IP. So the router is not directly exposed to the internet. It is behind a NAT/Firewall.

The IP the router sees is 100.XX.XX.XX
IP as seen by sites like whatismyip.com is 49.XX.XX.XX

As far as I know 100.XX.XX.XX is a public IP but trying to access that IP from outside does not work either. So the router is sitting behind a firewall.

This is a major limitation if you want to run any kind of server. So developers and gamers beware.
If you want to make your DVR internet accessible, you can't.

With JioFi (dongle) you could use internet accessible IPv6 address to eliminate need of port forwarding but the Jio Fiber router only allocates local IPv6 addresses. Even if IPv6 worked like JioFi, it would not solve problem for IPv4 connections. So there is no alternative at the moment. You can use a VPN, but it slows you down and has other limitations.

I was planning to discontinue my old ISP but due to this limitation, I might have to discontinue JioFiber instead.

Last edited:
@keithcardozo Hi. I was wondering if you could guide me on how I could get Open NAT using IPv6? I have IPv6 enabled on my Windows 10 PC but my NAT type from the Xbox Networking section is still Strict.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-12-09 154549.webp
    Screenshot 2020-12-09 154549.webp
    20.5 KB · Views: 335
is connected to another router(which the ISP has) which co
that is called double NAT, the router you have is connected to another router(which the ISP has) which connects to the internet. So even if you port forward from your router its pretty much useless.

Its not just JioFiber, a lot of ISPs do it, and new ISPs are pretty much guaranteed to do it. But if you really need to host a server, you should not be using this setup at all, home internet is not intended for hosting servers.

I am behind a double NAT and I haven't had any issues with games and there are multiple other options to host servers from your house,
So your "developers and gamers beware" is not really valid. IPv4 is basically extinct at this point, so what do you expect?

Pay more and get a static IP from some other ISP

ninja EDIT : the WAN IP you are seeing in the router is NOT 100.x.x.x, more like 10.x.x.x.
very cool explaination

I want to host a minecraft server but to play with my friends i need to port forward my jio giga fiber but ,I am unable to create a port in it can you please help me and the port number of the minecraft is 25565

I've Jio Fttx IPv4 port forwarded to my NVR, today morning my NVR app refuses to login and says "This IP address has been blocked because it has reached the maximum number of failed loging attempts allowed within a specific time period. Please contact system admin". I guess since they have used the same IP with various ports for multiple customers, there is plenty of activity on the same. But I could not understand as to who has blocked the IP, is it the NVR cloud ?

Okay, found a solution to the above, there were >10 login attempts within 5 mins which is why my NAS blocked the IP as a security measure. I guess using few IPs for port forwards make them more vulnerable to attacks.

Jio let you forward upto 3 ports for CCTV monitoring, seach this thread for more info.

Back