Review of TriplePlay Broadband

I stay in sector 40 Gurgaon adjacent to your sector and here triple play is offering
10 mbps at rs 1000
20 mbps at Rs 1250
50 mbps at 1750
100 mbps at 2000
You might want to ask for upgrade, call their CC. In starting I also paid for 5Mbps plan but the sales guy called and and said "plans have changed today, would you like to upgrade to higher speeds at lower cost?"

Moved to Triple play from Excitel.... after repeated complaints Excitel did not sort out the network issues...

50Mbps plan is similar to Excitel... 695+ tax...

Though network is stable but is slow in comparison to Excitel.... opening sites.... Although Excitel was okay with 4-5 users at home using simultaneously but Triple Play is not able to handle...
If situation remains same .... maybe I will move back to Excitel or try DEN...

first of all Den = Tripleplay afaik.

Now, the issue with tripleplay is it's peering issues. This started last month, I have been a happy customer of tripleplay from last 2 years. I have got a plan of 20mbps before FUP of 100GB and 10mbps unlimited after FUP and I also have alot of peering issues. I have complained many times and nothing get's sorted.

Youtube sometimes buffer, netflix and sometimes pron streaming websites.

The resolution they have is that to move to leased line of 1mbps for 2k lol. Customer care straight away denied to help and and said this is the best they can do with the peering. They just don't want to admit that the issue is from their end. Also their DNS sucks dog shit, I am using 8.8.8.8 or 4.2.2.2 which improves it a bit better.

Downloading is great though, as promised speeds, just browsing as you said is slow. I am not sure how to handle this case as tripleplay just won't fix this from last 1 month.

Do you face any throttling issues in the evening.... streaming sites don't seem to work in the evening/ at night... say till 11.30/ 12.00... even speedtest won't work....

only youtube works....

It seems that connection is unstable due to DNS/ or some other issue at backend.......

What is the MTU setting in your router...

Do you face any throttling issues in the evening.... streaming sites don't seem to work in the evening/ at night... say till 11.30/ 12.00... even speedtest won't work....

only youtube works....

It seems that connection is unstable due to DNS/ or some other issue at backend.......

definitely I am having these issues. Backend guy is blaming this on router, saying there are many routers in the building hence the issue because the channel is getting congested, which I don't think that it is the issue.

only youtube works....

can you tracert cisco.com and check what backbone connection you have(tata/airtel/idea/reliance) , mine shows vsnl tata communications. and the problem seems to be with that.

VSNL it is...

Sorry for the late reply...

I guess there are many issues.......
1. humidity & dampness...... rj45 connectors at all place will require regular cleaning...
2. I tried MTU: 1420..... seems to be better.... but not totally sure.....
3. At my house/ router.... when there are more than 1 user for streaming other than youtube.... connection becomes unstable..... which was not there with Excitel....
4. Definitely some kind of throttling/ DNS/ some other issue at ISP end.....

I think this issue is with TATA Communications. that's their backbone. Mine is TATA/VSNL too.

as long as internet is connected, i think rj45 does it's job. cleaning the rj45 port will nt do anything as long as internet is connected i guess.

i am not changing mtu or anything. can you do ping 192.168.1.1 (or whatever ur router ip is) and let me know. do ping with -t. Mine is bit high ping and they are blaming it on my router. please do esclate this case to their GM and customer care.

Youtube should work under 50mbps regardless what your plan is as they have peering direct with google.

I think it's their TATA / VSNL connection that is making us suffer too, I have asked to replace my router from Netgear just in case, i will try with new router and see if it improves.

as long as internet is connected, i think rj45 does it's job. cleaning the rj45 port will nt do anything as long as internet is connected i guess.

After every few weeks/ month..... my connection/ speedtest would not go past 10Mbps... and after a slight nudge/ cleaning of Rj-45 connector it would again touch 40-50Mbps....

can you do ping 192.168.1.1 (or whatever ur router ip is) and let me know. do ping with -t. Mine is bit high ping and they are blaming it on my router.

mine < 1ms...... if your is more than that..... then definitely.... some issue with your router/ cable/ connector etc.

i am not changing mtu or anything.

Ping Test to determine Optimal MTU Size on Router | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Back