Samsung Galaxy S II and Galaxy Tab 10.1

• Thread starter Thread starter dsneih
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 61
  • Views Views 16,327
Nexus s is for 32500 on shop your world.com cash on delivery available.Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Samsung's tablet strategystep 1 : make a 10.1 inch tablet :clap: step 2 : showcase at mobile world congress :thumb:in the mean time ipad 2 releases sostep 3 : smuggle ipad 2 to Korea :iomg:step 4 : rip it apart :huh:step 5 : copy the internal design and architecture :bowtoyou:step 6 : relaunch a slimmer Galaxy tab 10.1 :hysterical:

and so what is Apple's strategy?

launch a product with crappy features but sell it as the next best thing.

idiots apple fans buy it in truck loads.

12 months later.

apple adds some new features. launches it as the next best thing. the previous best thing is now obselete but get support for another year.

idiots apple fans sell their existing units. buy this one. go la la la.

12 months later.

apple launch a new model with more upgrades. more significant than the previous one. sell it as the next best thing. the first model usually stops getting update by this release.

idiots apple fans curse apple and themselves. but still. sell their existing product. buy the new one.

12 months later...

the cycle continues.

even after 4-5 years, the product still relies on a piece of shit app named itunes. the product still gets outdated after 12 months of launch.

---------- Post added at 04:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 PM ----------

stop blaming a company for trying to improve its product after announcing it. samsung did the right thing in making their product better for version one.

instead of launching version 1 now and version 1.5 after 6 months they decided to launch version 1.5 as version 1 directly. i see nothing wrong in it.

Samsung's tablet strategy

step 1 : make a 10.1 inch tablet :clap:
step 2 : showcase at mobile world congress :thumb:

in the mean time ipad 2 releases so

step 3 : smuggle ipad 2 to Korea :iomg:
step 4 : rip it apart :huh:
step 5 : copy the internal design and architecture :bowtoyou:
step 6 : relaunch a slimmer Galaxy tab 10.1 :hysterical:

Actually Samsung Manufactures a lot of the components for Apple( Apple recently made a $ 7-8 Billion deal with them) so they dont really need to smuggle the Ipad 2 to copy it... Also Samsung is a innovator by its self & does not need to copy Apple's designs ...You will know that is a own a Samsung LED TV :) ... Posts like these give Apple fans a bad name :( ...

and so what is apple's strategy?

launch a product with crappy features but sell it as the next best thing.

idiots buy it in truck loads.

12 months later.

apple adds some new features. launches it as the next best thing. the previous best thing is now obselete but get support for another year.

idiots sell their existing units. buy this one. go la la la.

12 months later.

apple launch a new model with more upgrades. more significant than the previous one. sell it as the next best thing. the first model usually stops getting update by this release.

idiots curse apple and themselves. but still. sell their existing product. buy the new one.

12 months later...

the cycle continues.

even after 4-5 years, the product still relies on a piece of shit app named itunes. the product still gets outdated after 12 months of launch.

---------- Post added at 04:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 PM ----------

stop blaming a company for trying to improve its product after announcing it. samsung did the right thing in making their product better for version one.

Wow someone got up on the wrong side of the bed today :P ... Do tell me is the other companies strategy any diff??? Actually most other companies have even a shorter life cycle for their products... Every mobile company launches newer models every few months(not even 12 months)... Even Car,Fashion,Electronics etc companies normally do a product refresh every year... Its basic consumerision ... The prob with apple is that due to its popularity each update gets higher media coverage compared to the other companies...

Also what do u mean by the 1st model stops getting updates... My dad's iPhone 3G is almost 2.5 years old & it runs the latest version of iOS right from the day the new version is released... The same cannot be said about Android with some phones still not able to upgrade to 2.2-2.3 even after months of the release of these version...

PS Fandroids are getting meaner & meaner each day :( ... Not to say Apple fanboys are any better... But neutrals like myself get bashed by both sides :( ...

Apple iPhone 3g did not get all the features of iOS4. (wallpapers? multi-tasking?). i am not sure if this model got the hotspot functionality. and of course, it needs to be officially supported by your carrier. that has been one of the biggest rant with apple products. they tend to put networks/media giants before customers. apple ipod touch 2G (which I own by the way) has been discarded with the latest update.

well u are correct that iPhone 3G did not get multitasking... But perhaps it was coz the spec of Iphone 3G are not good enough for multi tasking... I can tell u from personal exp that Multi tasking is not a pleasant exp even on my Nexus one... & the N1 is supposed to have much better spec than an Iphone 3G... Thats the thing... Apple wont release anything that will hinder User exp... & yes older models will in the long run stop getting updates but isnt that true for Android too??? Some Android users dont even have a 2.2 update available for them even though its almost been more than a year since it was released to the public...PS I too own a Ipod 2G but didnt know it wasnt supported in the new version coz mine went went for a swim in the washing machine a few months back & now as the touch screen does not work so its used only for playing music on an Ipod dock :P ...

We need to learn marketing skills from Apple.But, they certainly do a lot on their products than just upgrading some few things,we are yet to witness some real competition to Macbook.The only thing is, apple products are overpriced just like Intel? If AMD could keep up with Intel's awesome architecture they would be doing the same. If you can afford apple products,are you an idiot? Nope.

Platform Versions | Android Developers

61% of all android devices accessing the android market have android 2.2

another 29% has android 2.1

this is a pretty solid achievement for a platform that can be used by ANYONE.

google allows any company to sell devices based on android os. this limits their control over the version updates. things have improved over the past couple of months. with most new smartphones carrying pretty decent hardware, companies are more likely to continue offering the newer updates.

@rajadeep - I am relatively newbie in this. But I always feel Apple is like Windows (Maybe worse) in this case, & Android is like Linux. The Linux Kernel Team cannot be blamed for your favorite Linux distribution not updating to the latest kernel, whereas Apple themselves make their own products unssupported/obsolete.

---------- Post added at 05:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

I guess you can only get back at Google, if they do not update Nexus One or totally stop support soon

Platform Versions | Android Developers

61% of all android devices accessing the android market have android 2.2

another 29% has android 2.1

this is a pretty solid achievement for a platform that can be used by ANYONE.

google allows any company to sell devices based on android os. this limits their control over the version updates. things have improved over the past couple of months. with most new smartphones carrying pretty decent hardware, companies are more likely to continue offering the newer updates.

Hmm are u not somehow proving my point??? u said Apple did not provide multitasking on the iPhone 3G but just gave me a statistics showing that 1/3rd of the the Android phones out there dont have an upgrade to 2.2 & more than 90% to the 2.3... Interesting... BTW most of these phones on 2.1 or later dont even have pinch to xoom :( ... Anyway as a Android user myself I dont usually like to do Android bashing but I hope u are clear Android has just as many disadvantages as it has advantages... This is true for the Iphone too...But u seem to think its only true for Iphone :( ...

PS Apple makes crap products using crap ideas & other companies try to use the same ideas & their products are great??? For a guy who I no firmly believes in Open Source ur mind isnt that "Open" :P ...

Back