Samsung Galaxy S II

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 281
  • Views Views 24,963
should i update my s2 to ics? i am not getting good battery backup..it last only 12hr when i play around market and internet...it drops to 90% from 100% within 30 minute. phone is just a week older and i am still exploring it ...applied some recommendation to improve battery but not helping much.

Just upgrading to ICS wont help in this case. Try and see if u have any battery hogging apps running in background. Yes ICS has improved battery usage, but it surely wont do wonders in ur case, since losing 10% in 30 mins is too much.

try charging the phone after turning it off. android is known to show 100% charge even though battery can take in more charge.

I charge phone at night, before going to bed i plug in and let it charge overnight...How to take screenshot? I will post the screenshot of all running apps..I am using NQ Mobile Booster which shows the power consumption.Excluding battery issue...Should I update to ICS or GB is good enough? Suppose I upgraded to ICS is there anyway to rollback to GB later?

I think u can always flash ur phone to revert back to GB. But the question is - would u want to do that after going to ICS?

Bro! ICS worked for me..you are right..nobody want to go back to GB after updating to ICS...battery is much more stable and phone is much smoother than GB. Only thing is dont like of ICS is signal meter..look akward :( ...Sony phones has good signal indicator.

Try out the Original ICS Custom ROM, if u r comfortable with Rooting ur phone.

Though I can learn rooting but I heard that rooting void the warranty..is it true?

Yes. Rooting will void ur warranty. Flashing will not. But for this custom ROM, u will need to root ur phone. I got fed up of TW and finally rooted my phone few months back.

Which ROM?Is there any good twitter app which will update tweets of the people i Follow.. live in my homescreen ...downloaded twitter from market but i need to click twitter icon every time to get in and need to refresh. Created twitter id to follow some funny tweets. :)

Back