Samsung Galaxy S II

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 281
  • Views Views 24,965
well thats true. Apple manages to provide great backup time both on their laptops and mobile devices. they gain a lot through non-removable batteries which enable them to put inside multiple small batteries in ipad for example. i just hope that other companies do not start taking the same route. Nokia for example has done the same in their n8 phone i believe.

Im definately going with sensation. Sense UI is the deal cincher for me. Just find samsungs ui kinda dull. And lack of led indicator. Which is important since im switching over from bb. Blackberry is just so far behind in hardware and os.

righto. i miss the led indicated on nexus s. impossible to find out if you have a missed call!

http://androidos.in/2011/04/samsung-Galaxy-s2-benchmarks-go-over-the-roof

http://androidos.in/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/4-13-2011galaxysiibenchmarktop.jpg

high quadrant scores don't necessarily mean lag free and good performance across the variety of apps.. and these scores can be easily tweaked.. but they don't go hand in hand with actual speeds..

---------- Post added at 11:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 PM ----------

Im definately going with sensation. Sense UI is the deal cincher for me. Just find samsungs ui kinda dull. And lack of led indicator. Which is important since im switching over from bb. Blackberry is just so far behind in hardware and os.

same here HTC FTW!!!

---------- Post added at 11:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 PM ----------

righto. i miss the led indicated on nexus s. impossible to find out if you have a missed call!

do you miss the track ball also ?

---------- Post added at 11:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 PM ----------

well thats true. Apple manages to provide great backup time both on their laptops and mobile devices. they gain a lot through non-removable batteries which enable them to put inside multiple small batteries in ipad for example.

i just hope that other companies do not start taking the same route. Nokia for example has done the same in their n8 phone i believe.

why ?

---------- Post added at 11:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 PM ----------

Wanna bet Apple will be able to achieve that before any android device manufacturer :P... The battery life on Apple product(iPhone,ipad,Macbook) is amazing....

i forget where i kept the ipad charger.. battery life is amazing...

---------- Post added April 15th, 2011 at 12:00 AM ---------- Previous post was April 14th, 2011 at 11:56 PM ----------

Something very wrong about that pic... Does my N1 perform better than all these other phones like Droid X & Galaxy S???hmm... THe diff between Galaxy S & N1 seem to be more than 25% according to this graph... Something very wrong with this test...

see videos on youtube.. n1 is faster.... galaxy s does graphics better.. thats it... hardware is not fullly utilized.... nexus s and galaxy s have same hardware but nexus s hits 1600 i guess.... samsung customization slows it (or maybe some google politics to sell nexus s)

nexus one/htc desire are still one of the best android smartphones in the market. :) and no i do not miss the trackball. the one on nexus one sucked anyways. desire had a trackpad instead and i believe it provides a better interface to the phone.

1 Ghz increased to 1.2 Ghz ...now a new on with 1.4 Ghz http://androidos.in/2011/04/samsung-Galaxy-s-2011-edition-with-1-4-ghz-processor-unveiled-in-russia/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+androidosfeeds+%28AndroidOS.in%29

:) made race for clock speed

plus has 1.4 single core so its a small update to S1 where as this one has 1.2 dual core ...

i am getting this vibe that samsung is becoming more like Nokia. launch one or two high end devices along with a bunch of mid-segment and low-end phones. i mean Galaxy s ii is their major offering after galaxy s which is a pretty old model today. htc on the other hand keeps on launching a bunch of models in the high end. with limited offers in the mid and low end of the market. one day we have htc thunderbird. next day we have htc sensation. soon enough we would have more models that would have better specifications than the sensation. :|

C'mon, there are buyers like me, who would be looking out for mid-range stuff.....say between 10-20k. 35k means 1 months salary directly, if not more!! If i were to save for it, minimum 5-6 months will just go by......and as it was being discussed in another thread - that much time is enough for a new phone to start getting old.

sadly enough android phones are not getting major price cuts. they disappear from the market but rarely get a 50% price cut.

Back