Samsung One UI News & Updates

J4K8PqZ.webp

Last edited by a moderator:
Got the update.
Did not try any AI as of now although there are lots of options available in Settings for respective app (like Phone, Calendar, etc).
Circle to Search needs Google App, which I always disable :p (since last 3 handsets as this app was consuming more battery).

I actually found 2 things missing!
1. No setting available now to set AOD Clock style. I had set smaller clock on Lock Screen, and different larger clock for AOD. Now same Clock style is there for both.
2. Samsung Music app was not there. After installing Spotify, I have not used Samsung Music app for long time, but it was surely there. After 6.1 update I found whole app was missing (?). It was not present even in disabled state. I could install it again from Google Play Store.

Most of them are gimmicky or half baked. Some that I tried:

Tried the AI in Gallery by moving an object in a pic. It placed another random object instead of filling it. And this pic I used is not even a complicated one.

Text call still doesn't have male voice for English (India).

@pillaicha which circle?
Any settings we have to enable?
I remember iPhone had VoNR settings, but can't see any such settings for Samsung.

Anyone knows how to access the engineering mode via secret codes? Latest update seems have disabled it. I can't see the codec used during calls anymore. Could see it on VOLTE

@SVK I belong to Chennai circle but I was roaming in Kerala when I saw this. I don't think it's circle based. I've observed the phone on my entire train journey back to Chennai and whenever it was connected to 5G, VoNR was there as well. So I guess it's pan-India at this point?

Only the device and the software stack running on it matters I think.

Reactions: SVK

I can confirm slow charging and fingerprint issues happening on my S23. For the sake of faster rollout they are pushing out buggy updates. What a mess!

Back