SCV - STB(Chennai): Problems, Queries and others

• Thread starter Thread starter ajuravi007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 330
  • Views Views 131,207
I cant comment on picture quality on 42" TV but you can also buy the STB directly from SCV but i think the cost would be higher......if you buy it from your cable operator then you will get it for free and they will ask just a nominal advance payment for deposit Rs. 500...........

Just got the SCV STB and I am disappointed to see SCV does not have Zee Tamil. Is it true or am i missing something?

I have seen Zee Tamil in my inlaws house last week but it was on normal cable line but i am not aware whether this is provided in SCV STB too.........:confused:

I have seen Zee Tamil in my inlaws house last week but it was on normal cable line but i am not aware whether this is provided in SCV STB too.........:confused:

Normal cable it does, but when i connect to STB it vanishes. Starnge :confused:

It means SCV is not providing those channels in the STB:@........this is what i hate SCV.........i was also using SCV connection 2 months back they dont show some of the channels which are given in normal cable....:@.......but in Hathway they provide all the channels in STB which comes in normal cable...:thumb:........dont get dejected i think very soon SCV might add zee tamil in STB:thumb:

I too hope so...else I putting in a splitter ;)

I cant comment on picture quality on 42" TV but you can also buy the STB directly from SCV but i think the cost would be higher......if you buy it from your cable operator then you will get it for free and they will ask just a nominal advance payment for deposit Rs. 500...........

i called up SCV a few days ago...they told me that they are not directly selling set top boxes..we need to buy thro cable operator only

i am planning to shift back to SCV stb from Tata Sky...i feel its better now, coz i ll get more channels at a lesser price..although pic quality will be somewhat less in cable...do u guys think that it is a good move to make?...will the pic quality of cable stb get improved if i connect it to PC using TV tuner card?

I could say one thing that the picture quality in out TV by using SCV STB or Hathway STB is good.......but i have not tested the same in the computer......:S. As you said you will be paying less if you opt for CAS STB prvided if you watch less than 30 pay channels in your SCV STB........ Last but not least dont worry about the picture quality what you get from SCV it is good.....:happy:

Back