Section 377

• Thread starter Thread starter warthog
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 784
  • Views Views 102,994
The bottomline of this ruling is that it makes the govt. effort to tackle AIDS much easier now.
Going by your argument, we should legalize (or how the so called liberals put it..."decriminalize"?) prostitution as well. That'll surely arrest the spread of AIDS, won't it? :p

I agree with amish and others against this ruling. There was no need for it cuz it wasn't like the gays were being rounded up and thrown in jail. Infact, i read somewhere that there haven't been any convictions under 377 in recent memory, so what was all the fuss about. They were just expected to be discreet. And that's reasonable enough considering it's an unnatural act proven by the fact that sex basically facilitates reproduction and gay couples can't conceive. The whole argument that gays were being harassed by the police because of this law is too lightweight. Also, religion and culture are an integral part of every society (like it or not) and cannot be ignored when taking decisions on sensitive issues like this one. And since when was choosing your sexual preference a fundamental right. You can't bunch it up with the Right to equality (which says that the State cannot discriminate against a citizen on the basis of caste, creed, colour, sex, religion or place of birth according to Wikipedia....sexual preference is not mentioned anywhere).You can't start humping a cow in the middle of the road and say it's your fundamental right (...public display of affection is banned anyway). :p

They were just expected to be discreet. And that's reasonable enough considering it's an unnatural act proven by the fact that sex basically facilitates reproduction and gay couples can't conceive.
By this i should presume you have a child everytime you have sex . What do you mean by discreet ? If something is illegal it should be done discreetly ? So , according to you , even child trafficking is not a big deal , as long as it is done "discreetly"

i feel that this is good until someone forces someone to indulge or somethin like that. I will definately affect the indian culture. :rofl:

when its made legal, i.e. accepted by the law, a drunk/deprived/retard gay will definitely try to force it on other fellow.

The bottomline of this ruling is that it makes the govt. effort to tackle AIDS much easier now.

the bottomline infact is that AIDS will now spread from man to man as well.

----------

@waterloo_sunset
good point/argument.

New Delhi: In a historic judgement, the Delhi High Court on Thursday legalised consensual sex among gays.

The court struck down Section 377 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC).

A bench of Chief Justice Ajit Prakash Shah and Justice S Muralidhar said that if not amended, Section 377 of the IPC would violate Article 21 of the Indian Constitution, which states that every citizen has equal opportunity of life and is equal before law.

"We declare Section 377 of IPC in so far as it criminalises consensual sexual acts of adults in private is violative of Articles 14, 21 and 15 of the Constitution," the Bench comprising Chief Justice A P Shah and Justice S Murlidhar said.

However, Section 377 of the IPC which criminalises homosexuality, will continue for non-consensual, non-vaginal sex.

SOURCE: Delhi High Court legalises consensual gay sex

(Admin... would you like to start a dedicated category - "Gay Disussion")???
:hysterical: :rofl:

:) We already have 5-6 pages of discussion going on in other thread.

when its made legal, i.e. accepted by the law, a drunk/deprived/retard gay will definitely try to force it on other fellow.
Oh so when its not legal , a drunk/deprived/retard gay will not try it , he will worry that its legal or not . LOGIC FAIL

the bottomline infact is that AIDS will now spread from man to man as well.

It already does , but since its discrete (as it should be according to you) , the government has no way of preventing it

spoken like a true man
Think Progress Pennsylvania State Senator Refuses To Apologize For His Remarks About Gays: ‘We’re Allowing Them To Exist’
Leach: Should our only policy towards [same-sex] couples be one of punishment, to somehow prove that they’ve done something wrong?

Eichelberger: They’re not being punished. We’re allowing them to exist, and do what every American can do. We’re just not rewarding them with any special designation.

hopefully the govt would amend the constituion to ban homos from the face of india and force them to go to psychiatric treatment

Are you a retard or something ? The American Psychological Association has ruled Homosexuality is not an illness and CANNOT be cured . So if not treatment what do you suggest ? Should they be Flogged ? Burned ? Thrown off a cliff

Back