Seems TS will add 34 New channes to TataSky+ Subscriber

• Thread starter Thread starter Kalyan_1980
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 75
  • Views Views 9,950
Always higher version support lower versions. That is, MPEG4 supports MPEG2 format, but MPEG2 will not support MPEG4.
So you say due to backward compatibility we are able to say MPEG2 channels.

But we can only notice the difference if the channel is actually beamed in MPEG4 format.

I think kumar is coming to a conclusion very soon as we need to wait ...........

MPEG2 and MPEG4 is just a format like DVD and DIVX. We cant differentiate the Clarity. Only difference is, the size is difference.

I think TS is not going to add any normal channels here as they cannot be viewed on MPEG2 STB which has vast user base. They will be adding some premium channels which people shelled out 9k for the STB can afford.

MPEG2 and MPEG4 is just a format like DVD and DIVX. We cant differentiate the Clarity.
Only difference is, the size is difference.
If there is no significance difference, why Big TV is gloating about India's first MEPG4 provider?

yes you are correct. Since you are a Tata Sky+ subscriber, you have no prob.
I will not have a problem if they do not add those channels in packages.
Currently I am on south jumbo with Sports Gold & Platinum, Lifestyle, Ten sports packages. I am bleeding paying for these packages.

I feel you would be paying similar amount to other DTH service provider too except Dish TV as they dont have certain channels in their platform.........

let me put it this way, if the mpeg4 transmission and the mpeg2 transmission had the same size, then mpeg4 will have the superior quality than mpeg2...

Back