Seems TS will add 34 New channes to TataSky+ Subscriber

• Thread starter Thread starter Kalyan_1980
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 75
  • Views Views 9,950
Can TDSAT or any other authority bring some guidelines to stop this? This should really stop. Even though we got state of the art hardware, we are not able to get good quality.

i don't think so cos transponder space is limited, there are a lot of channels, competition is too tight, and the common consumer prefers more channels than quality even if they don't watch most of them...

DD Direct Plus : Good Quality OK, but channels. :whistle:

yes, they're not after money so they can do as they choose, probably they don't know about compression :P, but they have the best quality transmission among the dth providers...

Yes, if the source is true dvd quality with ample bandwidth, then it will look really good on sun tv or big tv if they used the same bandwidth as dish or tata's mpeg2....
How many transponder does Sun DTH have and also Big TV DTH too.............:(. Can you please tell me how many channels can be compressed in 1 transponder for MPEG 4 transmission........

u can check satcodx for the number of transponders. I don't know what is the bandwidth of the transponders above us. typically for dvd quality in mpeg2 bandwidth should be 4-5 mbps, in mpeg4 1.5-3.5...

How many transponder does Sun DTH have and also Big TV DTH too.............:(. Can you please tell me how many channels can be compressed in 1 transponder for MPEG 4 transmission........

MPEG2 - 12 to 15
MPEG4 - 22 to 25

Sun - 7Tata Sky - 12 :dance:Big TV - _______ :ashamed:

Sun - 7
Tata Sky - 12 :dance:
Big TV - _______ :ashamed:
Means if Sun TV adds more than 175 channels the picture quality of that channel will decrease............and i believe Big TV has got around 10 transponders and i feel if they add more than 250 channel then their pciture quality will also deteriate.........I heard in big tv sections that big tv is not giving good picture quality in tamil channels

Back