Seems TS will add 34 New channes to TataSky+ Subscriber

• Thread starter Thread starter Kalyan_1980
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 75
  • Views Views 9,950
let me put it this way, if the mpeg4 transmission and the mpeg2 transmission had the same size, then mpeg4 will have the superior quality than mpeg2...
Can this quality difference be noticed or will it be negligible:huh:?

of course it will be noticeable like night and day, but it will depend on the source transmission

let me put it this way, if the mpeg4 transmission and the mpeg2 transmission had the same size, then mpeg4 will have the superior quality than mpeg2...

Yes you can tell like this too. But there is some limit, beyond this you cant increase the clarity.

One difference i could say that the channel quality remains the same in both MPEG 2 & 4...........the basic difference is that more channels can be compressed in the transponders in MPEG 4 than MPEG 2 meaning in MPEG 2 transmission only 12 - 15 channels can be carried where as in MPEG 4 it can carry double the amount of channels in the transponders

of course it will be noticeable like night and day, but it will depend on the source transmission
By source transmission you mean content providers?

like I said, if the mpeg4 transmission used the same bandwidth as mpeg2, then the quality of the mpeg4 transmission will be superior, which is equal to dvd quality.

By source transmission you mean content providers?

Yes, if the source is true dvd quality with ample bandwidth, then it will look really good on sun tv or big tv if they used the same bandwidth as dish or tata's mpeg2...

right now what the dth providers are doing is they are converting these dvd quality signals to lower quality so that they can add more channels in the transponder as ku band transponders are few. That is why you may sometimes feel that cable channel signal looks cleaner than the dth one because they don't have such constraints.

right now what the dth providers are doing is they are converting these dvd quality signals to lower quality so that they can add more channels in the transponder as ku band transponders are few.
So till the time DTH providers do not have sufficient transponders, we will not get good quality even though they are using good compression techniques. :wall:

yes, so long as they keep adding channels in their limited transponder space, they'll reduce the quality of the existing channels to accommodate them...if you want to see really good picture quality tune into dd direct plus...

yes, so long as they keep adding channels in their limited transponder space, they'll reduce the quality of the existing channels to accommodate them...

if you want to see really good picture quality tune into dd direct plus...
Can TDSAT or any other authority bring some guidelines to stop this? This should really stop. Even though we got state of the art hardware, we are not able to get good quality.

Back