Seems unlocking Teracom LW272 3G USB modem is possible

• Thread starter Thread starter kumarms2000
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 38,772

kumarms2000

ISP
BSNL 3G
By creating a new APN profile, it seems we can use other sim cards in LW272 usb modem. I have not yet tried but. Not sure if any other unlocking is needed. How the unlocking is done in Huwei usb modem? Is it by using a new APN profile? :O

hi i m bsnl BB user i have ZTE modem but this is not woking,all lights get on and modem do not respond plz help

I don't think it's possible. There are two lock in this modem.

1) Software Lock at computer
You may avoid this lock using manul apn configration via "AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","bsnlnet"

---------- Post added at 12:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 AM ----------

I don't think it's possible. There are two lock in this modem.

1) Software Lock at computer
You may avoid this lock using manual apn configuration via "AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","bsnlnet"
For More info ( http://gujarat.bsnl.co.in/3G_main/html/laptop.htm & BSNL GUJARAT TELECOM CIRCLE )

2) Firmware lock
You can not bypass this lock without re-flashing this modem.
I think this modem is clone copy of ZTE MF627 .

By creating a new APN profile, it seems we can use other sim cards in LW272 usb modem.
I have not yet tried but. Not sure if any other unlocking is needed.

How the unlocking is done in Huwei usb modem? Is it by using a new APN profile? :O

yea but you can find or make a new firmware file for the ZTE modem and flash it ...

Hi, there is an easy way to use other sim cards in LW272 from BSNL (I dont know about MTNL, must be the same)

1. Install the USB modem as usual
2. Create a new APN in the BSNL interface (for docomo it is "tata.docomo.internet"). Make it as default.
3. Check in Windows under installed modem options, there you will have HSPA DataCardPropritary USB MODEM
4. Create a new Dialup with your desired name and use the above modem as modem, dialing number will be *99#, user name and password will be blank
5. Go to the BSNL modem installed directory in Program Files, in my system it is "C:\Program Files\BSNL 3G Data Card\BSNL 3G\" . Change the file name BSNL 3G.exe to something else, for example BSNL 3G.abc so that it will not execute.
6.Now remove your datacard and remove BSNL sim and put whichever the SIM you want (APN should be the same) connect it again to the system.
7.The green light will glow after 10-15 seconds. Now you can connect using the new dialup connection we made. (Here onwards, every time you can use the dial-up)
It will get connected in 3.6 MBPS. actual speed will be depended on the SIM you are using and the network strength.
For me, when i used my vodafone (2G) SIM I got real download speed upto 104KBPS and with My docomo sim (3G) i got upto 3.14 MBPS.

Please dont forget to let me know if this information helped you. I am available at [email protected]

Regards,
Janeesh Madhav

Hi, there is an easy way to use other sim cards in LW272 from BSNL (I dont know about MTNL, must be the same)

2. Create a new APN in the BSNL interface (for docomo it is "tata.docomo.internet"). Make it as default.
3. Check in Windows under installed modem options, there you will have HSPA DataCardPropritary USB MODEM
4. Create a new Dialup with your desired name and use the above modem as modem, dialing number will be *99#, user name and password will be blank
5. Go to the BSNL modem installed directory in Program Files, in my system it is "C:\Program Files\BSNL 3G Data Card\BSNL 3G\" . Change the file name BSNL 3G.exe to something else, for example BSNL 3G.abc so that it will not execute.
6.Now remove your datacard and remove BSNL sim and put whichever the SIM you want (APN should be the same) connect it again to the system.
7.The green light will glow after 10-15 seconds. Now you can connect using the new dialup connection we made. (Here onwards, every time you can use the dial-up)
It will get connected in 3.6 MBPS. actual speed will be depended on the SIM you are using and the network strength.
For me, when i used my vodafone (2G) SIM I got real download speed upto 104KBPS and with My docomo sim (3G) i got upto 3.14 MBPS.

Please dont forget to let me know if this information helped you. I am available at [email protected]

Regards,
Janeesh Madhav

Interesting. I will chk it. thanks

Regards,
Janeesh Madhav

Its working. Thank you very much.

Wow man! so it is working! :)

Follow the instruction step by step. I have done this with Tata Docomo 2G SIM. APN will be “TATA.DOCOMO.INTERNET”.

Back