Sharing MTNL Triband Broadband on multiple computers with wi-fi connectivity

• Thread starter Thread starter scotyard
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 154
  • Views Views 47,917
Hi viralbug,your explanation helped me a lot in terms of setting up stuff but I am having real issues setting up my Netgear W624 v2 router. As you suggested, I have setup the connection as follows:Laptop----> (Lan Wire) -----> Netgear (LAN Port)MTNL Modem -----> (Lan Wire) ------> Netgear (LAN Port)Now I am able to browse internet however, cannot connect to 192.168.0.1 (netgear router set up page). This is keeping me from setting up my wireless connection. I am able to ping 192.168.1.1 succesfully however when I ping 192.168.0.1 i see request timed out message.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi viralbug,

your explanation helped me a lot in terms of setting up stuff but I am having real issues setting up my Netgear W624 v2 router. As you suggested, I have setup the connection as follows:

Laptop----> (Lan Wire) -----> Netgear (LAN Port)
MTNL Modem -----> (Lan Wire) ------> Netgear (LAN Port)

Now I am able to browse internet however, cannot connect to 192.168.0.1 (netgear router set up page). This is keeping me from setting up my wireless connection.

I am able to ping 192.168.1.1 succesfully however when I ping 192.168.0.1 i see request timed out message.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

same lafda...pls guide me regardign the same.. I am using Linksys WRH54G :)

need it to change the mac filtering settings...

same lafda...pls guide me regardign the same.. I am using Linksys WRH54G :)

need it to change the mac filtering settings...

no lafda, just connect the MTNL modem to the Netgear's WAN port, NOT THE LAN PORT.

if you connect the PC and MTNL modem to the LAN port of the router, the router does not behave as a router but just as a switch and your PC will get the IP address from the MTNL modem and not the router.

got it ?

I guess, if i want to exchange files between my laptop and comp, i will have to remove the ADSL connection to my router. In that case, no connection to the internet will be possible and hence nothing will be counted as DL.

can ne1 explain to me how to change the IP range of the router from 192.168.1.1 - 192.168.1.255 to 192.168.0.1 - 192.168.0.255

Hi
I will try to help...but few questions...

1st.. - Why do you want to disable DHCP ?
2nd - Why do you want to change your IP settings ?

Now since you have already disabled DHCP, i will show you how to change
the IP settings

go to the setup and then local network of the adsl router page.
under ROUTER IP you can change the ip from 192.168.1.1 >>>192.168.0.1.
but remember the moment you save the settings you will also have to modify the ip settings on your computers to match that of the router.

now when you do file transfer between your pc and laptop, it is not considered towards data usage on mtnl as long as you are using windows file sharing. if you use yahoo messenger or google talk then it is part of mtnl data usage.

Honestly if i were you, i would leave dhcp enabled to simplify things but definately enable WPA encryption.

k..i got u..but i am having trouble with port forwarding now..earlier i had a green tick when directly connected thru the mt882 modem.( i had forwarded 1 port for it ). now should i get the same port forwarded in Linksys router also?if yes, what LAN IP should i type in the box provided (in linksys i.e)

go to the command prompt and type ipconfig and note down the ip.. it would mostly be the ip given by the wifi router's dhcp server.. take that ip and enter it in the port forwarding page of the wifi router.. frankly speaking i dont think you need to enter any port forwarding info on the modem cause it is in bridged mode, all traffic would anyway be automatically forwarded..

go to the command prompt and type ipconfig and note down the ip.. it would mostly be the ip given by the wifi router's dhcp server.. take that ip and enter it in the port forwarding page of the wifi router.. frankly speaking i dont think you need to enter any port forwarding info on the modem cause it is in bridged mode, all traffic would anyway be automatically forwarded..

but i have not set my modem in bridged mode..i have enabled upnp and manually forwarded a port there as well...

Please explain your setup , have you connected the modem to the LAN port or the WAN port of the router?? have you enabled DHCP in the router?? is the modem in ppoe mode?

Please explain your setup , have you connected the modem to the LAN port or the WAN port of the router?? have you enabled DHCP in the router?? is the modem in ppoe mode?

my settings are ditto similar to the one mentioned by MAX (his tutorial) at the beginning of this thread.
so accordingly, my modem is connected to my wifi router through the LAN port, DHCP is disabled and i guess my modem continues to be in pppoe mode since i have not made any changes to the modem.

i hope i have made myself clear here. In case you still have any confusions, let me know :)

member/thegamerulez/
Modem: Huawei AX MT882 + Linksys WRH54G
Problem: Port forwarding problem. ( OK only with MT882)
Unable to access Linksys settings for Wireless settings.
my settings are ditto similar to the one mentioned by MAX (his tutorial) at the beginning of this thread.
.So recheck your settings according to that tutorial at POST 1 ! should work !
OR
1. Reset Linksys router and use default IP address ID and PW. for wireless access.
2.see here for similar settings for PF. .
http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Linksys/WRT54G/WRT54Gindex.htm.
3. Presume you have the user CD for WRH54G

well hoping your situation is somewhat similar to this example .. modem ip 192.168.1.1 dhcp = 192.168.1.3 - 192.168.1.50router ip 192.168.1.100 dhcp disabledNow say you want to port forward 1000 for a computer whose ip is 192.168.1.25 .. then you enter the same info in the router and modem's port forwarding options.. and it should work..Remember the above is just an example..

Back