Sharing MTNL Triband Broadband on multiple computers with wi-fi connectivity

• Thread starter Thread starter scotyard
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 154
  • Views Views 47,924
U should thank me :p ... he was asking for help on PM's..i told him to post his query on the board so that the solution i gave him wud be visible to other ppl as well..but i didnt even need to touch the thread...:)

Thanks very much cyberwiz-ji :PP.S> Hey Sushubh, I've uploaded d info on d wiki I would not call wat I've done exactly a good job. Yet, check it out whether it's fine

Thanks for the detailed guide.Can I use bridged mode with this setup ? I am currently using the D-Link-502T router in bridged mode, and would like to setup a wireless network as described. Do I need to make any additional changes to continue using bridged mode with the wireless network ?

Nope you can't use bridged mode with this setup. To use this with a bridged mode you need to put a computer between the ADSL router and the wifi router. This computer will take care of logging in.

you can use bridge mode on this setup. just follow this wireless setup and connect as you now normally connect. no need for any changes.currently i am on bridged mode in a similar kind of setup. :D

Hi,
i have recently purchased a laptop (with Wi-fi) and was wondering if I can attach a wireless router with the MTNL modem to use internet on laptop via wi-fi. I am currently in US and have checked some good routers here like Linksys. Can you pls check the link below and let me know if these models would be compatible with the MTNL ADSL Internet.
Buy the Linksys Wireless-G Router (WRT54G) and other Networking at circuitcity.com

Buy the Netgear Wireless Router (WGR614) and other Networking at circuitcity.com

Hope to hear from u soon.

Both are good. Linksys is a bit costlier than Netgear. Thats all. If you're going for Netgear, make sure you get the latest one i.e. WGR614v6.

@maxi have applied 4 a new connection (since 1 & a half month!!), so i dont have any router.i have heard that there are wireless adsl routers, so i wont need 2 routers.are there any such wireless adsl routers that you would recommend??

Back