Sharing MTNL Triband Broadband on multiple computers with wi-fi connectivity

• Thread starter Thread starter scotyard
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 154
  • Views Views 47,930
Another Question:-) How can i achieve the following with 2 Linksys WRT300N routers I have a working secured wireless network with some printers connected to it over wired LAN. I have another broadband connection in another room and also have another WRT300N. I want to have this broadband connection also connect to the existing network so that the end users only see i wireless network and be able to print. I would like to do this wirelessly and laying the network cable is not possible. Any suggestions?

Rajesh,THe link that netfreak's pointed to looks like failover(Netfreak, correct me if I am wrong). THe other option you can consider is going Cisco. It might cost you higher initial investment, but if you get one of their modular routers, you can keep sclaing its functionality with add-on cards. Get hold of a cisco guy and he might even be able to help you with your doubts... And ask for a refurbished router.

Ah, that's a good one. Can you do something similar with 2 wireless access points also? (I remember reading somewhere that you can...)

Will the DD-WRT give me the load balancing and failover?

DD-WRT converts this router into a PC running Linux. That adds IPTABLES capability to this router. You can setup pretty much any kind of imaginable setup with.

You can have:
1. Load Balancing OR
2. Configure backup WAN as standby

THe link that netfreak's pointed to looks like failover(Netfreak, correct me if I am wrong).

Yes thats correct. This one describes how to do load balancing Dual-WAN for simple round-robin load equalization - DD-WRT Wiki.

There are lot more tutorials for load sharing with IPTABLES.

Do you know any wireless router that supports 2 WAN ports? ANy model/ make?

D-Link DI-LB604 4-Port Load Balancing Router

Basically, I am looking at a smooth wireless internet access for all the users from this office.

Any solution?

Hire some networking consultant to set up (and document) things for you. You can combine various devices to gt you what you want. But one of them will fail in time to come. And it will be a mess to fix things at that that point since you would have made a lot more changes by then.

hi i have a basic question... i want to connect pc's via WIFI and WIRED (one or two) with file sharing enabled and also net connection... also i want to connect some USB device like printer or scanner to the network... now i have some questions1. which router i shoud prefer? one with ADSL support or simple router and join it with D-Link 502T ? if I use one with inbuilt ADSL then will i be able to enable file sharing? 2. and will it be safe to enable file sharing and net sharing(via router and not via PC) together? 3. does any WIFI router available has the ability to support USB devices(i.e. it has both USB ports and LAN ports)? 4. which router will be most suitable to meet my above needs? 5. and finally what is the approximate range of these routers? thanxSam

hey guys..... sombody plz reply.. now i have got answers to some of my questions... but still have some doubts.... the biggest problem is now selecting a router..i cheked following Linksys routers, tell which one is best among these or tell some other you think is betterWRT 54GWRT 54GLWRT 54GCWRH 54G all are based on 802.11g.... is 802.11n suitable for home use or 802.11g is fine... waiting for your suggestions...

I am presently using the Linksys WRT 300N with so many XXX's faster and further. I am using it at home, it costs substantially more than the D-Link wireless G router I had before this. The performance is about the same...no extra distance covered and no better speed. In the end all those XXX's faster and further turned out to be just BS.

Hi,
Has anyone used Wireless-N broadband router WRT150N (draft 802.11n) & notebook adaptor WPC300N (both by Linksys). My idea was to use this with an Acer or HP laptop soon (before Diwali J). My idea is to buy equipment that is to some extent future proof for some time to come. Any advice is welcome. Has anyone tried it yet? If so what are the prices of the 802.11n wireless router & notebook adaptor? Also is it compatible with Windows Vista? Currently I am using D-Link 502T modem/router connected to my desktop, I want to add the wireless router using my existing equipment. Should I go in for my a 802.11n router or should I play safe and go in for the 802.11a/b/g router
Thanks

I am presently using the Linksys WRT 300N with so many XXX's faster and further. I am using it at home, it costs substantially more than the D-Link wireless G router I had before this. The performance is about the same...no extra distance covered and no better speed. In the end all those XXX's faster and further turned out to be just BS.

Is ur adapter on ur PC/laptop also of 802.11n variety, Linksys website says that both ends should have compatible h/w ie 802.11n to get best results

BTW how did u pay for the wireless router?

Back