Should I opt for plan 500 or ul 900 in dataone?

• Thread starter Thread starter soumya
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 4,792

soumya

Microsoft MVP
ISP
BSNL DataOne
Here is the thing, I had been a dataone user since about September 2005. I was using Home 250, then shifted to Home 500 cause my data usage went as far as 2.4 gb in Home 250 when it was limited to 400 mb free usage. Then when UL 900 came, I shifted to it in May 2005 with an annual payment of Rs. 9000. Since that phase is coming to an end, I am thinking of what to do now! The speed of Home 500 is upto 2mbps where UL 900 is still 256 kbps. I also think BSNL has no plans to increase it's speed but what if it does? I guess the best thing for me would be to change my plan to Home 500 without annual payment and wait till something gets done. Pros for HOME 500:(a) Speed(b) CheaperCons for HOME 500:(a) Chargeable data usage after 2.5 GB.(b) Password theft can lead to massive billing.Pros for UL 900:(a) Unlimited data usage.(b) Password theft no problem.Cons for UL 900:(a) Speed(b) Costlier than HOME 500.

i think unlimited would be a safer bet...keep downloading without any worries...the only con is the speed which u can obiously deal with, rather than HUGE bills...

If you can leave your PC on for long time and be patient about the downloads then go for UL 900. If on the other hand your usage mainly consists of streaming video or you want quick downloads without waiting you might want to look at Home 500.

i hav a doubt.i'm in 900ulcan i use my friend's home 500 id n password for a day or two for faster downloads

Yes, u can if its not port binded.

i think unlimited would be a safer bet...keep downloading without any worries...the only con is the speed which u can obiously deal with, rather than HUGE bills...
Rightly said.

Confirm from your service provider, if your port is bound, as is done by MTNL these days, even plan 500 is better. Because port binding gives you security against misuse. 2.5 GB is sufficient data to download with better speed.

go for unlimited.. nobody can surf the net like a ul user can.. n... seeing that ur used to it.. having the data limit will be a very irritating worry that u will now have to carry.. also.. having so much speed to be used only during 2am to 8am, well.. its a waste..also.. its upto 2mbps.. who knows what speed u might actually get..

it took me 61 hrs to download x64 vista but i guess in home 500 it wud take me 6 hours!

not exactly true.. with scheduled downloads and not full speeds all the time, u could look at being charged for say 300mb(happens with my friend) or a few sleepless nights..either ways.. if u can handle that.. home 500 is definitely better than home 900

Home 500 is the best for now. If you are downloading huge Megs and Gigs then you can schedule them bet 2AM-8AM. The speeds are awesome. If you think you can't be awake in the middle of the night then you can wake up at 6 in the morning and download all the stuff within 2 hours which could take all day in the case of Home UL plan. Besides Home 500 is cheaper than UL900, coz you are just paying about half the amount that you are paying for UL.Speeds are >200KB/s (sometimes varies) in Home 500 and bet 28-30KB/s in ULYou can download 1G in about 75-80 mins It takes 10 hours to 10.5 hours to download the same on ULI prefer Home 500

Back