Should TRAI set minimum speeds for 2G/EDGE/3G/4G?

• Thread starter Thread starter India_King
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 39
  • Views Views 8,027
I guess we would never find out. It would have been interesting how the ISPs would have reacted if 2mbps was indeed made mandatory this year.

Airtel of course has taken a totally other direction. They are boosting speeds while keeping low bandwidth packages. The entire focus has shifted to high end plans with the idea that more and more people would either upgrade to an even expensive plan.

Their smartbytes page by default now show expensive plans and not the smartbytes packages. For smartbytes packages you have to click on another link to get the option.

Damn. I just checked. Airtel is offering 100GB at double the speed at only 100 more than what mtnl charges for 60GB in Mumbai :O

Till a couple of months ago, max speed Mumbai wide was only 2 mbps. That airtel coverage is very limited is another issue.

yup. they do have a few decent plans if your usage is around 50-80GB. it gets complicated above that :D

abhi to launch bhi nahi hua :D

wow. tapatalk emoji is finally working in the browser? should check.
[emoji190] [emoji191] [emoji192] [emoji193] [emoji194] [emoji195] [emoji196] [emoji197] [emoji198] [emoji199] [emoji200] [emoji201] [emoji202] [emoji203] [emoji204] [emoji205] [emoji206] [emoji207] [emoji208] [emoji209] [emoji210] [emoji211] [emoji212] [emoji213] [emoji317] [emoji439] [emoji535]

ah right. it was down for around 10 hours i believe. every freaking call to reliance customer care goes the exact same way. it's so automated that i can do it in my sleep. and the best thing is that complaining is generally pointless as I never get a call back. If I do, it is usually after 3-4 days by which time I have had newer downtimes/issues. but in the end, it is still worth every penny i spend on it.

if mom's note 4g had dual sim support, i would have gotten a test sim. :P i need a find a safe way to get cellular connectivity on her phone.

Back