Should TRAI set minimum speeds for 2G/EDGE/3G/4G?

• Thread starter Thread starter India_King
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 39
  • Views Views 8,027
something that does not ends up costing per kb of data usage. i guess i should switch her to postpaid... assuming postpaid plans do not switch to pro-rata billing after allocated data is used?

Right. I should check if Idea has such a system in place. Her calling usage is already low. And she is mostly at home where wi-fi is there. So a 300MB plan should be more than enough for any scenario.

Right. Vodafone and Reliance have similar plans for 499 and 445. Difference is bill cap, landline calls and roaming and customer care.

Idea too had some 3G+voice plans. Surprising they aren't mentioned.

I don't understand about lack of competition. When corrupt A Raja distributed 2G licenses to 9 different companies and call rates plummeted as a result. Whole media and Indian public along with BJP was ready to burn A Raja alive. He was the most hated person in India.

I know he committed scam by making personal profits on selling those 2G licenses. But didn't he ultimately increased the competition in Telecom industry? Supreme court cancelled the licenses and we are again left with only 3 Big players in Telecom industry.

In view of cancelling 2G licenses and auctioning of spectrum. Will Supreme court oblige to answer to Indian public on Why 3G Tariff plans are so expensive? Why there is very limited connectivity? Why QoS is so poor?

Anyway, we desperately need some regulation on 3G/4G speed & QoS. If TRAI doesn't act, telecom industry will do whatever it wants with impunity.

Even after 5 years of 3G, i don't have 3G connectivity at my home in Delhi. I live on 2nd floor with 50 Meter wide streets around my home. And why 3G data is so expensive? They should also make it cheaper.

@chromaniac in my home total family uses WiFi.. Yes even with 8GB FREE 4G/3G/2G Data, I use WiFi in home and office. Plans are 649 plan from BSNL 0.5Mbps flat [for backup] on WiFi router + modem and Local BB Rs1700 -- 2Mbps UL NO FUP connected to Wireless router..

My mom and wife are too addicted that they need to use whatsapp / youtube even when going outdoor. I have 3G data card plan from Airtel Rs500+Tax for 4GB 3G + 2G UL and they use it with power bank. Since its for maximum 2 days per month, its enough for them.

Though Rs500 may seem too much, but still its much better than activating 1GB pack of Rs250 to each of both numbers and worry about overages, imho...

Port to reliance CDMA and get 1299/ plan for 650/- , and no worries for calls, roaming and data.
Network is good in delhi NCR at least, but you need to have CDMA phone.

Back