Sim Card With BSNL 3g teracom lw272 modem?

• Thread starter Thread starter crysiswar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 17,600

crysiswar

ISP
BSNL
I just bought a bsnl 3g modem..and i installed the software. Then when i click connect it says no connection..and on top it says no sim card...i dint get any sim crad with the device...please help me out..

---------- Post added at 07:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 PM ----------

oldtimer..plz check ur inbox

OK here are the basics:
First, checking out..
1.The 3G modem that you got is a USB device like fairly big pen drive right?
Teracom :: ADSL Modem
2.You must be aware that 3G is meant for digitised data transfer by wireless but using cell-phone Technology. It therefore needs a cellphone [or datacard modem like yours] AND a SIM card which has to be inserted in the cellphone or datacard.

This SIM has to be bought from the BSNL CC centre with usual formalities like address proof and identity proof etc. The SIM card also gives you a unique telephone number for ordinary cellphone calls, video calls as well as messages.

The card cost about rs 60/- and there are various charges for (a) voice+text (telephone + SMS) and (b) separately for data transfer (internet). Look into the BSNL 3G website for more details

3G Home Page

and then post back here if you need help.

OK here are the basics:
First, checking out..
1.The 3G modem that you got is a USB device like fairly big pen drive right?
Teracom :: ADSL Modem
2.You must be aware that 3G is meant for digitised data transfer by wireless but using cell-phone Technology. It therefore needs a cellphone [or datacard modem like yours] AND a SIM card which has to be inserted in the cellphone or datacard.

This SIM has to be bought from the BSNL CC centre with usual formalities like address proof and identity proof etc. The SIM card also gives you a unique telephone number for ordinary cellphone calls, video calls as well as messages.

The card cost about rs 60/- and there are various charges for (a) voice+text (telephone + SMS) and (b) separately for data transfer (internet). Look into the BSNL 3G website for more details

3G Home Page

and then post back here if you need help.

arent they supposed to give the sim with the data crad...and when i went to buy this thing.. they said activation takes just 1 hour...

I had bought the 3G SIM card first from a local shop and got it activated. The cost was Rs 59/- for the SIM and Rs 120/- for the First Recharge Coupon (FRC). I used it first in a mobile phone for a day or two and later bought the Teracom datacard. It cost me Rs 2500/- After this, I had to do a "data recharge" at the CC for Rs 440/- to credit my account with 1GB data balance.If you compare your expenses, you will know what you have missed. If yours was supposed to be concessional offer, then you will have to verify the details of your scheme and consult CC. In the Bill they normally note down the details of the datacard and the SIM. So if you show it to them, there is a fair chance that they will be able to clarify it. Wish you good luck.

I had bought the 3G SIM card first from a local shop and got it activated. The cost was Rs 59/- for the SIM and Rs 120/- for the First Recharge Coupon (FRC). I used it first in a mobile phone for a day or two and later bought the Teracom datacard. It cost me Rs 2500/- After this, I had to do a "data recharge" at the CC for Rs 440/- to credit my account with 1GB data balance.
If you compare your expenses, you will know what you have missed. If yours was supposed to be concessional offer, then you will have to verify the details of your scheme and consult CC. In the Bill they normally note down the details of the datacard and the SIM. So if you show it to them, there is a fair chance that they will be able to clarify it. Wish you good luck.

thanks...it turned out that i had left the sim crad in the bsnl office itself just taking the modem with me....lol..how stupid can i be....

any way thnx fr the help.

---------- Post added at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 PM ----------

also can u tell me wat the side thing on the 3g modem is...(the 1 with the wifi symbol)

You are welcome. I learnt so many things by just discussing with the more experienced people on this forum. That is the way it works. The "side thing" apparently is a plastic cap that protects a little socket. My "manual" sheet says it is for an external rf antenna. I have seen a picture somewhere of some datacard with a tiny 30-40mm long rod antenna, but my package didn't have one. [Check out yours though!!] My card seems to work fairly well (3 bars) without an external antenna so I just assumed it was normally not necessary.

Hi,
I am Bose Dayala from Hyderabad. I purchased BSNL 3G USB last month.I have converted my 2G SIM to 3G and started using it with USB data card.After one week my USB started saying "No SIM" but it shows IMIE number when I connected to my netbook.I went to customer service center and requested them to change the equipment.After long discussions one kind and generous officer agreed to change it nd gave me another equipment(which not a new one but some one rejected it due to another technical problem !!).New equipment worked for another week and unfortunately started saying again "No SIM" :-( .What shall I do now ? I have tested with another euipment of my firend and it works fine on my netbook.
I stronlgy believe that Teacom is producing very poor hardware.If somebody knows any suggestion, kindly help.
My mail id id [email protected]
Thanks,

I purchased the BSNL 3G datacard around 10 days before but it shows cellone signal most of time I hardly find HSDPA or UMTS. as signal strength.My city ahmedabad is supposed to be 3G enabled. can you provide any information about the External RF antennas that can be used with this linktop LW272 data card.can we expect these antennas to increase the performance of the device.

I have tried fetch information from BSNL technical pl but in vain.I wonder if we get any useful info about this extrnal RF antenna.

Back