• Thread starter Thread starter ace_neo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 4,670

ace_neo

Regular
ISP
MTNL NU 849
I experiencing slow speeds past 2 weeks staying in Borivali(W) area.
Although I am sync at 2048 Kbps,i am getting less than 2Mbps. Following r modem stats

Plan-DSL 399
Downstream Margin: 31 db
Upstream Margin: 14 db
Downstream Line Attenuation: 21 db
Upstream Line Attenuation: 5.5 db

https://www.speedtest.net

I complained almost every day at 1504 but only docket nos. r given. I went to exchange and they told me its server problem.

Guys staying in Borivali area could u post ur download speed so that i could know i am not only person who is facing slow speed problem.

Ur line rates r fine..like u said if the exchange poeple have specifically mentioned that its server problem then u can wait till it gets resolved...did they tel u how long will it take to get this issue resolved?

I getting both slow download speeds and slow browsing speed. People from exchange r telling its server problem but when i called 1504 they told me there is no server problem.Certainly this is double whammy... Each side is telling there is no problem from there side. Don`t know what to do??

hey man!! go with what exchange people says since there are server problems which will b specific to your exchange and Customer care cannot keep track of every exchange.

Customer care cannot keep track of every exchange.

then they probably should
or else

get the 1500/1504 number to go to the specific exchange so the specific people at that specific exchange can solve the specific problem there.

Whats the use if they sit around all day and say only 2 or 3 lines:-:madness::@

[*]We can see no problems that you have mentioned on our online systems
[*]We have fwded your complaint to the concerned exchange
[*]We cannot do anything from here,please visit exchange personally
[/list]

powerontop which area u stay?? Guys today i called Prabhadevi exchange(main servers are present here) and came to know that there is no problem from server side. People from exchange seems to be not bother about slow speeds.There mentality is such that they only know whether connection is on or dead...Connection is working naa why u want more speed...I feel that i was talking to idiots who want to bring to there level.. But why we r facing slow speed problems even though we r sync at 2Mbps?? Could be that port of exchange which we r connected are causing slow speed?? So people from Borivali start calling them so that they know its not one person is facing that problem...

Ok, Although i also stay in Borivali(W), technically I'm connected to the Charkop Exchange

[*] I moved to PPPoE when I changed my plan from 849NU to TriB_200 on June 4th
[*] On PPPoE I got lousy browsing speeds.Yahoomail page would not even open:@
[*] Just changed back to BRIDGE mode and its superfast browsing again.Yahoo is working great now
[/list]

You guys wanna try moving to Bridge mode?Maybe certain ports are getting blocked or somethingin PPPoE.
Anyone have any idea why the mode may cause a drop/increase in speed?

Anybody from Borivali area could shed light on speed problems... What speeds r they getting so that we can complain to them??

Back