Somebody is hacking my ID, Password

• Thread starter Thread starter Problem_Guy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 39
  • Views Views 14,529
I'm doing the same, I tried with a few IPs of players playing on my server & like you said, put them in the address bar, hit enter, but nothing hapened. Firefox said the address was taking too long to respond, telnet doesnt work either. I tried pinging the IPs but it showed 'request timed out'. What's wrong?Edit : It seems this method does'nt work on most IPs. I just tried a random airtel IP add : 122.164.5*.**0 and I could access the DSL router. But 9 out of 10 address, I could'nt get through. Firewall?

well not all routers have remote administration ticked by default.some routers dont have the telnet feature by default either... some have blocked it.. some have changed password!!!Or you were very unlucky :D .. because most have telnet and remote administration ON and they dont change their default modem password..

/members/problem_guy/
I used FireFox Browser. Now the "Hacked" wants to hack !!!
@members/superprash2003/
some have changed password!
Best advise that can be given .
Danger with Airtel BB is, they have used the Phone number as ID ( i think MTNL too).
But I found they have allotted user ID now. without Telephone number when I accessed an user with random IP of Airtel. Must get mine also changed.

I'm doing the same, I tried with a few IPs of players playing on my server & like you said, put them in the address bar, hit enter, but nothing hapened. Firefox said the address was taking too long to respond, telnet doesnt work either. I tried pinging the IPs but it showed 'request timed out'. What's wrong?
all ISPs are not fool like airtel or bsnl ! they take customers security to consideration ! they wont enable the web-administration/telnet service disabled by default (eventhough they dont change the password) !

airtel people are not saying this to customer to avoid place visits when you have any kind of issues... they can login from their place and check for errors !

You can see for options 'web administration', 'wan administration' OR 'access control' in modem/router and disable 'telnet' and 'http' !!

these are the only thing you can do ! remember.. changing password is the harmless stuff for ISPs.. because they will login with a different username/password !

What am I supposed to disable? WAN or LAN telnet? There are two check boxes, one under WAN and one under LAN.:confused:

WAN disabling is important.. LAN too can be disabled if you want since you wont be using it

Disable WAN, and telnet ! dont worry about LAN.. since you are the only one in your network !

1.Change your default modem passwordthen2.Change your PPPoE password by logging into airtel portal.Even if you are using unlimited plans change your PPPoE password coz he can overbill u by using Speed on demand.

Please Somebody help me protect my PC.. i played Counter strike on internet for 2 days.. but my friend told its not safe playing online.. because of hackers. So how to play safely.. i heard that using proxy servers solves it. I don't know how to set it up. PLease help.. also please suggest other methods.

members/1300megatron/
The thread started with Counter Strike and hacking. Take sometime off from Games to read the thread from the beginning !
Quick tips: 1.Change your Modem/routers (access IP and ) default password. (MUST)
2. Disable WAN, and telnet ! dont worry about LAN.. since you are the only one in your network !
3. Never give your IP dynamic as well as Static.
4. Do not use DMZ without firewall program/s.
Danger with Airtel BB is, they have used the Phone number as ID

Back