Speed Boost Again!!!!!!! getting 2Mbps+ on 512kbps

• Thread starter Thread starter jazzyjazzy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 63
  • Views Views 11,754
Am getting speed spike here in Chennai too, thanks for the heads-up. On my first modem restart, the FUP redirection kicked-in after a few minutes. But now, so far so good.:

Update: Gah, FUP kicked-in after 30 minutes. It's only worth it to renew IP to get a 10-30 minute speed bump.

Yes I have been experiencing 2mbps on my 512kbps connection but it works only for 15-20 mins. If I start downloading during this and once the speed goes down my downloads are broken and can't be resumed. Airtel f***ers are playing all kinds of cheap tricks with their customers

^^ Have to salute the BSNL engineers on such aspects. Their speed profiling methods (or the machinery which saves the speed profiles of the subscribers) are pretty much spot on and so regardless of whatever we try to do (such as restarting the modem n number of times), we will only get the speeds set in our profile.

On the other hand, Airtel uses certain other mechanisms in which the FUP speed throttling sets in after 10 - 20 minutes only (of restarting the modem). I know some (desperate) guys who restart their modem every 15 minutes to obtain this temporary 2mbps speed boost - in my opinion it is not worth all those troubles and will only end up frying up the modem eventually*.

*might be a wrong assumption

I know some (desperate) guys who restart their modem every 15 minutes to obtain this temporary 2mbps speed boost - in my opinion it is not worth all those troubles and will only end up frying up the modem eventually*.

*might be a wrong assumption
You don't have to really restart your modem; just make it get a new IP. I use jDownloader to do that, and it is easy and fast (min. 18 seconds to change IP). But, in my experience, Airtel has a minimum time between which it will give out a new IP (around 2 to 3 mins). So you cannot (and should not) keep changing IP as fast as you can, even though you could without worrying about your modem's life :)

I am also getting 2mbps on my 512 kbps plan, for 2nd months continuously, though the FUP is still 10 GB.still not bad for me.

I am also getting 2mbps on my 512 kbps plan, for 2nd months continuously, though the FUP is still 10 GB.
still not bad for me.
Have you taken a new connection because fup is not activated first 6 months

----------

getting 7mbps on my 4mbps line since morning . finished downloading skyrim and a season of chuck (720p).
Are you serious right now ?
Speeds lasting a maximum of 20 mins for me after modem reset

Back