Speed Boost Again!!!!!!! getting 2Mbps+ on 512kbps

• Thread starter Thread starter jazzyjazzy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 63
  • Views Views 11,754
Till today I thought myself to be the only one enjoying this workaround 2-3 times a month, but not now. Great to see others using the same restart technique. I'm on 512kbps plan which sinks to 256 after 10gb. Sometimes after restarts I get 2MBPS+ (a month ago it worked after every restart) but now its not working.i restart like a 100 times in one day hoping to get the increased speed but drat! nothing happens. Also tried getting a new ip by disconnecting in router, still nothing.Is there something i'm missing here?any particular steps? I'm from NCR btw.

Till today I thought myself to be the only one enjoying this workaround 2-3 times a month, but not now. Great to see others using the same restart technique.
I'm on 512kbps plan which sinks to 256 after 10gb. Sometimes after restarts I get 2MBPS+ (a month ago it worked after every restart) but now its not working.
i restart like a 100 times in one day hoping to get the increased speed but drat! nothing happens. Also tried getting a new ip by disconnecting in router, still nothing.

Is there something i'm missing here?any particular steps?
I'm from NCR btw.

Yup, i think you need to shift to the 1299 plan ;)

Speed bump alert!
'Been getting 2mbps since this morning. Hopefully, it holds out through the rest of this bill period.

^^ If your plan's default speed was 1mbps, it will be upgraded to 2mbps. They are doing this in the metro cities.

yep, happened with me as well. I had the 512kbps plan (upto 10GB), but since the start of this billing cycle (17-Dec), I've been getting 2mbps. If only there wasn't a FUP :

^^ If your plan's default speed was 1mbps, it will be upgraded to 2mbps. They are doing this in the metro cities.

In the middle of a bill cycle and after I've crossed my FUP limit (times 5)? I doubt that.

Bharti Airtel has revealed that it is upgrading the connections of all its fixed broadband connections in 14 large cities to a minimum speed of 2Mbps, those being: Delhi, National Capital Region (NCR), Lucknow, Chandigarh, Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Coimbatore, Mumbai, Pune, Ahmedabad, Indore, Bhopal and Calcutta.

Airtel boosts minimum fixed broadband speeds to 2Mbps in select areas

Im on this planswift 1099 512kbps +100Rs topup now getting 2mbps 25gb fup limit.But i get free calls for 200RsAnyidea if i can get the speed boosts?

Airtel boosts minimum fixed broadband speeds to 2Mbps in select areas

As I understand it though, this news is only applicable to pre-FUP speed and the post-FUP speed is still 256kbps.
Now everyone can deplete their FUP limit soon and opt for airtel SmartBytes.

K. Srinivas, president of consumer business for Airtel, noted: ‘The Telecoms Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) has suggested that operators should offer minimum speeds of 2Mbps by 2015. We are taking the lead in this direction by doing this right now.’
In Wrong Direction With FUP of 3GB and then back to Minimum Speeds of 2004!:livid:

Back