Speed issue

• Thread starter Thread starter manasgta
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 4,025

manasgta

ISP
BSNL
I am on Home 500c plan now and was on home 250 a few months ago.I have been using Bsnl Broadband for about 2 yrs now and i have never ever received download speed greater than 60KBps.Even Bsnl's bandwidth meter shows 50-60 KBps download speed.I have changed all my wiring,i have even tried another modem(same model i.e UT300R2U)which used to get good speed.What should i do now?

Check speed at speedtest.net say Adelaide server. and Mumbai server.Report result or post screen shot. For both plans the speed is max 256KB/ps (2 Mbps divided by 8.)usually you should get 100 to 200 KB/sec

Check speed at speedtest.net say Adelaide server. and Mumbai server.
Report result or post screen shot.
For both plans the speed is max 256KB/ps (2 Mbps divided by 8.)
usually you should get 100 to 200 KB/sec
I know that bro that i should get around 150-200 KBps but i dont.
Here's the result at speedtest.net:
https://www.speedtest.net

one of my friend has the exact same problem.he used to get only ~60KBps even after changing his plan to home 500 years ago.turns out that he was still on old BSNL network having IP 59.x.x.x.after his connection was shifted to newer BSNL network having IP 117.x.x.x by changing his port at local exchange his problem was solved.

i dont think DNS has anything to do with download speeds.. is 60KBps your speed when downloading files or torrents?
Yeah bro my speed is 40-60 KBps with anything including torrents.

@all
Pls. tell what am i supposed to do?

@member/manasgta/Suggestion 1 Change MTU values . (@ essbebe)Suggestion 2. Change DNS to open DNS(@essbebe)Suggestion 3. Ask exchange to change port ( @ whitestar_999)Opinion 1 : Changing to openDNS may not help (@superprash2003)What you tried ? feedback Positive or negative. both welcome.Addl Info needed : :Now ADSL status showing snr/attn/linespeed /mod selected etc. 4. Post screen shot of modem page showing above details. 5. OS used. 6. Ipconfig/all

@AllGuys as u said i have got my port changed.However it's still an old port(I.P 59.~) but i don't think that makes much of a difference as people on old ports also get good speeds.Although even after changing the port now the speed is same.I'm really frustrated now.What can be done now?

@manasgata. Your IP will change everytime you login and disconnect.checkip.dyndns.com:8245/ ( add http etc)See post No 8 and give feedback. Mention modem model too.Check speed Sydney server at speedtest.net. ( add www. ) give link showing data.

Back