Speed Limit for BSNL Unlimited Home Plan

• Thread starter Thread starter deba007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 16,745

deba007

ISP
Reliance Broadband - Thunder 4 Mbps Plan.
Dear All, Presently I have the BSNL Broadband Business Plan 700 where the speed is very good and its close to 1.6 mbps, but recently I am planning to take another Home Plan Unlimited 750 connection for mass torrent download. My question is whether I will be able to get that same high speed in unlimited connection. Kindly suggest. Thank you.D.Mukherjee from Kolkata.

no you won't get that speed in it you will get 32KB/sec or 256kbps speed

u will get a download speed of 30 kb for home 750 unlimited plan.so u will be able to download 700 mb in 7-8 hrs

I have both Home UL 750 and Home UL 1350 Palns750 gives 30 KBps throughput1350 gives 60 KBps throughputGo for any of the above plan it's Value 4 Money:happy:

that means these unlimited plans are extremely slow...............hardly of any use :@ i think its slower than dial up connection....what is the speed of dial up connection ?

that means these unlimited plans are extremely slow...............hardly of any use :@ i think its slower than dial up connection....what is the speed of dial up connection ?

dial up is very slow......148kbps only

dial up is very slow......148kbps only

How so?

[*]The maximum theoretical transfer speed for dialup is 56 kilobits/seconds.

[*]Dataone Home UL750 gives you 256 kilobits/seconds. Unlimited usage.

[*]Dataone Home 500 gives you 1600+ kilobits/seconds. But capped usage (with 0200-0800 exception).
[/list]

BSNL Home UL 750 Plan gives 30 KBps throughput (some misunderstanding here)256 kbps (kilo bits per sec) bandwidth = 30 KBps (Kilo Bytes per sec) Throughput256 / 8 = 32 (converting bits to bytes) 8 bits = 1 byte.So theoretically one should get 32 KBps throughput.Practically we get around 27 to 35 KBps. 30 KBps on an average.I don't think any dial-up gives 148 kbpsDial-up is 56 kbps = 7 KBps which it rarely attains.

^ whats the upload speed these days on the UL750 plan ? I had UL900 till Feb '08 then I shifted to H500C.Earlier the upload used to be 7-8KB/s (KiloBytes/sec).Has it been increased ? :P

Back