High rates of BSNL unlimited plans....

• Thread starter Thread starter abhispra
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 81
  • Views Views 17,240
I think this will be the right time for we people to write to BSNL who needs to do something with the real unlimited plan. Adopting a FUP for unlimited plan is a big mistake, but even then it can be maintained in a better way. The pricing is good but the FUP is really pathetic. This FUP must be kept around 50GB, 75GB, 100GB. Shreeraman

I think this will be the right time for we people to write to BSNL who needs to do something with the real unlimited plan.
Adopting a FUP for unlimited plan is a big mistake, but even then it can be maintained in a better way. The pricing is good but the FUP is really pathetic. This FUP must be kept around 50GB, 75GB, 100GB.

Shreeraman

even in Airtel Unlimited Plans, FUP exists. but they keep it as 100GB. the following screenshot shows the FUP limit for Freedom 1699-Airtel/TN/FL/21 plan.

after 100GB of usage the 1Mbps plan is downgraded to 512Kbps until the end of the current billing cycle. if bsnl follows this it will be welcomed by all...

Hey guys, seeing the new plans I have totally lost hope on BSNL. Planing to close the connection. Any idea as to what is procedure for cancellation?

Looks like BSNL is finally doing something. I am getting 1Mbps speed on my 512Kbps connection...lets wait for the official confirmation.

@abhispra - Hope you are aware that the Rs.1350 UL plan now comes with Rs.250 free calls. But still AirTel plan is cheaper :)

I sincerely believe that BSNL can just double their speeds for existing monthly plans without losing much of their profit.
Like,
Home 250 - 2.5 GB with NU
Home 500 - 256 Kbps (True Unlimited)
Home 750 - 512 Kbps (True Unlimited)
Home 1350 - 1 Mbps (True Unlimited)
We cannot blame BSNL alone as Airtel and Reliance were the ones which were providing plans at higher costs initially, introducing the stupid FUP to the country and then undercutting BSNL by reducing charges for plans with FUP.

All private ISPs behave like crooks but in my humble opinion BSNL is too dumb to be a crook. :-)

@blntechie - Hope BSNL God listens to you and brings the plans as said by you above :)

I also guess that BSNL's Billing System is not capable of fast changes. Whenever they need to introduce a new plan, their Billing System needs to be enhanced to meet the needs. Without this, they cannot launch/change plans frequently.

AirTel says they will remove 256kbps plan and start their Broadband plans with 512kbps. Hoping that we too get some good news from BSNL.

Guys even I am using 750 Unlimited plan...and I am fed up with the speed...count me in....I want a speed upgrade like airtel did and mtnl is giving 1 mbps Unlimited just for 999?just after i read about the mtnl plan I seriously was considering to shift to mumbai jst for the internet! (lol i live in nagpur)how many guys have joined in this aandolan for bsnl upgrade speed thing?

has this thread been closed?no replies since last 3 days?i think everyone is happy with their speed?:wall:

Back