BSNL Unlimited plans within 10 days

• Thread starter Thread starter Abhishek
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 83
  • Views Views 21,473
Now it wont be far MTNL has given 256 unlimi for 1399 considering both sre govt BSNL will soon folow

This plan was stated already in this thread on April 02, '06 1:59 AM [15 days ago] --- by rollcage.

Anything new ?

A new plan 1399 - 256kbps unlimited has come up
.. may be a similar is coming for bsnl too .. [/b]

QUOTE(anirudhashish @ Apr 17 2006, 02:14 PM) [snapback]48606[/snapback]
Now it wont be far MTNL has given 256 unlimi for 1399 considering both sre govt BSNL will soon folow
[/b]
Wait for Plan very eagerly with Hope that BSNL improve their service :)

Woo.I didnt follow this thread at all. Dudes. This is not a rumour. I have talked to the top heads in BSNL. To the person who is concerend with finalising the prices. It's just stuck in red tape. No officer is willing to risk his neck because being a public enterprise (even if in name), it means that entire expenditure has to be ratified from Comptroller and Auditor General. It doesn't affect the Minister. But it affects the charlie down the line. So they want to have their asses covered. I just need unlimited connectivity. If BSNL can't provide bandwidth, it ought to be out of ISP business. Simple. ANyway, during a conversation with one of the heads, it was mentioned that it would be introduced in 3 working days. It was a verbal assurance after all and we were all waiting. It didn't happen, so we started email campaign by sending across a lot of emails to the officers. I am keeping my fingers crossed. Now the grapevine has it that CMD is out of India and the formal order needs to be signed by him. He's be back by Wednesday/ Thursday. Dunno how far it's true. But well we HOPE.

U r so lucky Mr. Abhishek, u seem to be the chosen one, the BSNL top heads seem to take a liking towards u.... always mailing u , chatting with u....giving u their plans, problems, etc. etc. etc. :) We, the rest r so unlucky not to have received any responses or chat sessions. :angry: Very nice of u to start this thread...gave a platform to many to spread varieties of rumours...[ not u, but!] . How can u , a very esteemed member, ever spread rumours ?! B) Now that u have taken the pains to start following this thread [once again!], we should give ourselves a bit of rest and let u do the rumouring... oops talking.Regards and happy rumouring... oops once again... talking. ;)

If MTNL has chosen to give out unlimited connection i too believe that BSNL will do that. But from what I see is that there is no effective competition to either of these isps and unless we some real threat like Reliance planning to put 100Mbit fibres in each household I dont think BSNL will make the first move. MTNL was forced because Airtel is doing very well in Delhi, Gurgaon and now its coming to Mumbai in a big way. The moment Airtel FLP + DSL becomes available in my area, MTNL is going to lose its 15+ year customer to them ;)

Rumouring? Ahh. That depends on your point of view. It took me a concerted effort- I was after them for 9 months at a strech. Have emails to prove; but then it would be a wasted effort in case no one wants to believe me. The thread was mentioned here because on VT we have banded together and mass mailing BSNL for the action. It transpires that CMD and Director Finance have to give in their signatures and it would be formally approved before 1st May. However, I have no back up to confirm it and perhaps the BSNL officials may be setting me up on a wild goose chase. The point here is that one ought to persist. These are policy decisions which don't change overnight. The BSNL folks (according to them) are accountable to the higher ups; each one according to the chain. Even though it is a corporation- it is still accountable to Department of Telecom and indirectly to Parliament. Hence, given the complexity of the issues involved, I am ready to give BSNL a benefit of doubt. However, this isnt the answer to customer apathy and lax attitude on their behalf. 50+ years and they are used to monopoly status. Even though they are loosing customers (it was raised in parliament as to why)- their balls are not turning blue because it doesnt concern anyone. I hope I have "exonerated" myself- it is indeed painful to be blamed for "rumopur mongering"- when I had come with noble (and virgin) intentions of being helpful and involving you all for the "good news" that seems like a mirage.

Back