• Thread starter Thread starter Ankit Dayal
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 32
  • Views Views 9,631

Ankit Dayal

Regular
ISP
MTNL Freedom 995
I am using MTNL Triband 749NU plan since February 2008.Last night I put something for downloading after 12 in the night.After 2 hrs of downloading my internet connection went kaput.The ADSL router page showed the status as not connected.I got back internet connectivity at 7 am this morning.But my bb speed has been reduced to 256 kbps.

This is the second time something like this has happened to me in the last 40 days.I don't understand why these MTNL people reduce my bb speed? I have already sent a mail to [email protected] and I have also lodged a complaint on MTNL's customer care portal.

Last time it took me 2 days to get back my 2 mbps speed.

unlucky you :Pmtnl keeps messing around with speeds. keep bugging them till you get 2 mbps. hopefully theyll do it soon.

Hmm this sucks man !and yes I'm also with viral bug ,keep bugging them .

I have been calling those MTNL people continuously for the past 2 days now.I get 2-3 calls from Shahdara exchange everyday.They assure me that the speed would be upgraded by evening.But, nothing has happened till now.I called the SD, Broadband as well.Everytime he tells me that he has forwarded a mail to the server room guys but has not got a reply from them.I have sent about 20 mails to [email protected] and [email protected]. Today they sent a guy to my house to check whether my broadband was working fine or not.I narrated the whole problem to him and he asked me to give him a written complaint.The first time I called that SD, Broadband, he asked me,"Sir, aap speed ko itni closely monitor karte ho?"I told him that I had upgraded to 749NU plan just because of the speed.I don't understand what's taking them so long to upgrade my speed.

dude i had the same problem last year. spoke with the cc and told her the speed was downgraded. when she said some crap like "we downgraded everyone" i just bs'd to her saying my office is in the house next door and i still have 2mbps and my parents live in the same bldg and they also still have 2mbps...then she put it in and within a few days it went back to 2mbps..try that..good luck!

well, these people r crazy at times..they give wired reasons like U have applied for Voip etc etc and thats y ur speed got reduced while we might not have even thought of getting Voip.

Last month, when they had downgraded my speed, I called cc, filed a complaint on MTNL's customer care portal and also sent a mail to [email protected]. When I finally got a call from the server room after they had upgraded my speed, they asked me to thank the GM through a mail.So, it is quite obvious that the GM had intervened in the issue the last time round.I am planning on giving the GM (broadband) a call today.

Finally I have got my 2 Mbps speed back.

excellent...congrats!! welcome back to the club :thumbsup:

Back