Static IP address provisioning process

• Thread starter Thread starter MrGordon
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 239
  • Views Views 34,144
If you opt for static IP address and then do a safe custody, it appears the static IP address link continues to work. I guess it makes sense cause your plan speed is definitely not tied to the static IP address and their automation doesn't really work for static IP address. I ain't complaining though 😅

Airtel is full of such things 😂

@thejaguar Airtel provides a safe custody feature, to temporarily suspend your service by paying Rs 200 + tax instead of the full rental in case you are travelling or away from home.

Since I was away, I enabled safe custody from the app, and was surprised to see that the static IP link continued to work. The PPPoE link is indeed suspended, it would establish the session, but outbound connectivity would be deactivated.

Lol that's better than jio backup plan. Also voip calls work with this? And do you get billed for static ip in safe mode?

@igloo :LOL:

VOIP probably not, as the safe custody charges are split as Rs 100 for broadband and Rs 100 for VOIP. I have not tried though, cause I don't use the VOIP.

No, not billed for static IP address during safe custody :D

There seems to be issue with static ip gateway today. Getting lot of fluctuation in speed. With ipv6 speed is constant but not with static ip

ip location delhi? Im getting packet loss from past few days on delhi gateway.

Yes delhi gateway.

never ever faced speed issue with cgnat or public ipv4/v6.

seems like they are using low end servers for static ip or more users started using static ip now.

what is the state of packet loss at your side? can you run a test for 1.1.1.1 and 8.8.8.8 for 1000 seconds over ethernet?

Back