Static IP address provisioning process

• Thread starter Thread starter MrGordon
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 239
  • Views Views 34,148
@nishantt6969 seriously man, you expect a home broadband connection to be perfect? I hope you are aware that continual pings over 16 minutes (1000 s) MAY lead to the IP being blocked by the remote server.

I hope home users on this forum are aware of exactly what the ISP is obliged to give you per their contract and what they aren't. We are NOT commercial leased line customers that have SLAs. If you're looking for perfection you won't find it. :D

I see. Excitel on the other hand was not giving me these packet losses, so I thought something is wrong with my connection.

@nishantt6969 again, if you are facing probs get Airtel to solve it instead of asking people to ping a server and have their IP (static possibly) blacklisted. If you were to ask me to run speedtests 'n' number of times or ping over many minutes to satisfy your curiosity or troubleshoot (can happen only at the NOC), I would not do it. Why? Simple, I DON'T want my IP to be blacklisted or blocked. This is NOT a college lab dude. It's the real world and there can be repercussions

working.

stopped my static ip. There was so much speed fluctuation from 100 to 200 mbps.
May the the issue was with delhi gateway.

Now that i am on cg-nat ip, speeds are back to normal.

The static IP address link is still online and the connection is still in safe custody. It's been sometime since I reached back home and honestly had forgotten that I was on safe custody as internet continued to work.

The only issue with safe custody that I saw is, next day after the monthly bill gets generated, I start getting calls from them asking me to pay the bill. Each time I assure them that the bill would be paid by the due date which is several days away. Nevertheless, I get the call daily from different numbers. Just to avoid this harassment I made sure of paying the bill as soon as its generated.

Anyway I am going to de-activate safe custody today, will probably re-activate after a month. :ROFLMAO:

for both my connections, they seem to have plugged the static ip glitch ... no more super speed internet now
does it still work for anyone else /??

Back