Static IP address provisioning process

• Thread starter Thread starter MrGordon
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 239
  • Views Views 34,148
in my case local engineer said that backend team says gateway is fine and told me to contact customer care and request for NOC callback.

did that and waiting for the call now.

so i did get a call from backend team and they have no idea what is a gateway server. engineer visited again and said if you are able to surf internet then what is the issue. i said delhi gateway is assigned to me and i am in chandigarh and m getting 10-20 ms increase in ping time.

with delhi gateway google and cloudflare dns ping is 20-25 ms and with chandigarh gateway it was 5 ms. he is clueless and so is ORT (NOC) team

should i again opt for static ip and deactivate it ? is this my last option ?

i am regretting my decision of taking static ip. so sluggish speed, though it touches 600mbps but still not worth the experience. even 40mbps with 5ms ping feels snappy and fast then 600mbps with 25-30 ms ping.

i cannot even cancel the connection because if i do that then due to unavailablity of ports in my area someone else will take my port :P

Last edited:
So email to “net at dot airtel dot com” did the trick and finally gateway is changed. My ping and speed is back to normal.

also i have been removed from cg-nat, going forward public dynamic ip will be assigned

Congratulations. so getting full 200/200 on your airtel connection?

Nice, delhi gateway is over crowded.

@igloo i had deactivated static ip as surfing websites was slow and sluggish. Speeds were also inconsistent and hover between 200 to 600mbps and most on downloads it was around 300mbps average and also ping was 20 ms high everywhere.

Now that I deactivated it, i am getting consistent speed and stable low ping.

what is the use of unrestricted speed if experience is sluggish

on static you get more than your plan speed but by how much is your luck. I get little over 500 down and 700 up..previously it used to be 700 down and 900 up...so they are clamping down

Back