Static IP address provisioning process

• Thread starter Thread starter MrGordon
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 239
  • Views Views 34,119
@nishantt6969 I understand, I was trying only at one place at a time. Yes, I can create/delete WAN profiles on the ZTE. Bridge mode is enabled on one port on the ZTE but there is no such indication on the ZTE Web UI, however I can establish PPPoE connection from my bridged router.

I deleted all WAN profiles on the ZTE except for the VOIP profile.
Verified that PPPoE works on the bridged Mikrotik
Disabled PPPoE on the Mikrotik
Configured the static IP address and added a static route on the Mikrotik
No connectivity

share firmware version please, is it latest?

Currently its "F670LV9.0 V9.0.10P1N13A", initially everything was locked. I am not sure if the firmware was changed or they just removed the locking of WAN profiles.

Anyway now I can create/edit/delete WAN profiles

are you connecting your Mikrotik router to the port which is bridged? you can check bridged port in port bindings.

@MrGordon i think 13A has some issue i saw some users mentioned they were downgraded to 12A automatically long back

@nishantt6969 Yes, as I said I can still establish PPPoE session on my Mikrotik without changing any cabling. So yes, it's the same port. Also, there is nothing in the UI which indicates bridge status. Port bindings do not show it. There was someone else in this forum who mentioned it was done the same way for them.

@SpeedxThunder I see, but PPPoE does work in bridge mode which is why I am confused.

Last edited:
@nishantt6969 once converted to prepaid do you get to recharge separately for IP and the base connection ?

@MrGordon two things:

a) Static IP can be used only on ONE router at a time. One IP can only be assigned to one interface.
b) Your ZTE router needs to be bridged and only then can you input a static IP into the Microtik.

And yeah, so far I haven't received my static IP, as expected. They said 24 hours. B#**cks!

Back