Stopping torrents on all ports except keeping some ports excluded [BSNL VMC AN1020-21] modem

• Thread starter Thread starter th3
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 3,609

th3

ISP
dataone
hi all, I am using bsnl 750 UL plan sharing wid my neighbour.The problem is that he uses torrent and sucks speed all the time.I want to know how port forwarding helps me to do that. Modem type is [BSNL VMC AN1020-21]

If you know the port he is using for torrent downloads you can block it. But that maybe useless if his Torrent client resets the port everytime it starts. Just limit his download speed if your router supports it or just block him. Personally, I'd recommend you to just tell him to stop downloading torrents and if he continues, you'll block him of your router.

i know the port num that he uses..i want to limit his speed without letting him know..thanks for you reply :)

lol why not just block his mac address since he's hogging your connection. Unless its his connection you're free-ridin on :-)

if you are the network admin then you can block all tracker urls but only public ones, won't have any effect if he is using magnet links or private ones or dht though. you can just block tracker announce url from your hardware firewall or if you use software firewall like outpost pro then you can make global network rule on that.or just kick him out of network :D

Back