Suggest a Full fledged Fibre Router

• Thread starter Thread starter Blue Leaf
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 2,636
ISP
BSNL FTTH
Recently opted for BSNL Bharat Fibre superstar premium plus plan, The technician suggested that I buy a ONT router from the market. He also highlighted the fact the Syrotech ONT router provided by them has reported several complaints and hence they are suggesting customers to bring their own router.

The installation was free, they haven't charged me anything.

For static IP - It was suggested that I opt for the 999+ plans and need to pay 2k per year for that static IP. Can somebody validate this?

Last edited:
I've been on Syrotech ONT (ONT -> UniFi USG -> UniFi U6 Lite AP) since 2+ years now and haven't faced any issues.

Do you have any particular model number for those two? I am afraid I will have to check the local market for Huawei and Nokia ONT, I did not find them selling online.

Sad to see the state of fibre ONTs in the Indian market, Why do we not have any big players in this space?

Did they connect the patch cord already? If yes then based on that you may be limited to what devices you can choose. Check out APC and UPC patch cords. If you want an all in one device, like ONT plus router then there are Netlink, Optilink, Genexis, ZyXEL, TP-Link, etc. Check the connector first though before jumping to a buying decision. Then there is also the issue of the fiber connection being GPON or EPON. XPON device will work on both. Get these details from the technician and then users here might be able to help more.

@sloj yes they patched it. I am not sure if it's APC or UPC. The technician just asked me to get any ont that supports GPON or XPON.

I am attaching pics for somebody to confirm if it's APC/UPC - on the cliff it says S-PC A-10 (not sure what it means)

LpXye68.jpg

w9RexVt.jpg

Oe5Ces5.jpg
oOL0LJy.jpg
J826Qqs.jpg

It's UPC based on the colour. APC are green. You will need to search for an ONT that has UPC connector. Also, most if not all GPON ONT have APC port so I guess you will have to get an XPON ONT.

i've bought EG8145V5 GPON from a certain indiamart seller for Rs. 1750 (incl shipping) might be used though, once it arrives i'll post here.

Back