Suggest a PC build for 40k.

indianarchie

Regular
ISP
MTNL Xpress Non-combo 650 Unltd.
My desktop PC conked off more than a year ago and I have been subsisting on the laptop so far. Time to get a new desktop!
Can anyone suggest a good build for around 40k? Requirements include:
  • Should be able to play recent games at full HD or similar.
  • Preferred processor is i7 fourth gen for future proofing.
  • Fairly future proof graphics card required too. Crossfire/SLI not needed.
  • For the monitor, I have a samsung T220, which is 22 inch 16:10 (1680x1050) and I would like to get a new one that is also preferably 16:10 since the extra vertical space is useful when I need to actually work. Black bands in movies are fine. Preferred resolution 1980x1200 or whatever is closest to full HD in 16:10.
  • Cabinet needs USB 3.0 ports - atleast 2.
  • Usage includes work (office suites etc.), movies, internet and gaming.

Location is Mumbai/Thane.
Anyone? Anyone? Anyone? Anyone?

An i5 box costed me 30K a few weeks ago and this was without a graphic card... I am not sure if your requirement would fit in 40K budget but then I am Jon Snow when it comes to computer hardware.

Upvote 0
Not bad, I guess your config should come to 40K-ish with a graphics card...I assume you didn't get a monitor? Also, is the SSD worth the extra cost? And what is the actual space available on the 3TB drive?

Upvote 0
Hints:
1. Go for lowest quad core Haswell Core i5 4430 (Rs. 12500)
2. MSI H87M-G43 Motherboard (Rs. 6500)
3. 1 x 4GB RAM kit (1600 Mhz would be perfectly fine) (Rs. 3000)
4. Non Modular Corsair VS650 650 Watt PSU (Rs. 4000) (It's a must if you want to protect all the PC components)
5. ZOTAC NVIDIA GTX 750TI 2 GB DDR5 (Rs. 11500)
6. Keep your existing monitor (Lower resolution will help you to keep details high)
7. Any cabinet having front USB3 headers (Rs. 3000)
8. Keyboard/Mouse (Rs. 1000)
Total Comes to Rs. 41500
Use this as a reference and decide where you want to cut costs.
No hard disk in this build. Hoping you are plugging in your existing hard disk into the new build.

Upvote 0
+1 for the above. Only that I would not like that corsair VS PSU. Lower wattage PSU, but of higher quality would be perfectly fine. 750ti hardly draws any power and haswell is also power efficient. In fact the 750ti does not even need a 6 pin connector.

Upvote 0
My desktop PC conked off more than a year ago and I have been subsisting on the laptop so far. Time to get a new desktop!
Can anyone suggest a good build for around 40k? Requirements include:
  • Should be able to play recent games at full HD or similar.
  • Preferred processor is i7 fourth gen for future proofing.
  • Fairly future proof graphics card required too. Crossfire/SLI not needed.
  • For the monitor, I have a samsung T220, which is 22 inch 16:10 (1680x1050) and I would like to get a new one that is also preferably 16:10 since the extra vertical space is useful when I need to actually work. Black bands in movies are fine. Preferred resolution 1980x1200 or whatever is closest to full HD in 16:10.
  • Cabinet needs USB 3.0 ports - atleast 2.
  • Usage includes work (office suites etc.), movies, internet and gaming.

Location is Mumbai/Thane.
Anyone? Anyone? Anyone? Anyone?

Why dont you try this config:

AMD FX-4300 (4 Core, 4MB L2 + 4MB L3 Cache)
Biostar A88MQ (Hi-Fi sound technology)
Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 4 GB PC RAM (KHX1600C9AD3B1K2/4G)
WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA III 6 Gbps HDD
AOC 19.5 inch LED Backlit LCD - e2070Swnl
Sapphire R7 250X 1GB GDDR5
Asus 24X SATA DVD R/W

Should cost you around USD 650..

Upvote 0
//
  • Preferred processor is i7 fourth gen for future proofing.//
Future-proof i7 with future-proof motherboard ~30K. Not enough money left for other components. So you have to stick the suggestions of i5 or AMD posted above.

Upvote 0

Back