Suggest me a good brand for external hard drive

• Thread starter Thread starter techtata
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44
  • Views Views 4,578
Hi,

I am interested in buying a 500 GB an external hard drive for my laptop. Which brand I should go for? Thanks.

You buying it for laptop/ for storage?
IMO, Seagate is the best.

Seagate / Western DigitalBoth are good brands. But remember HDDs are not reliable even for a second. You copy your precious DATA today, and next day when you want to access HDD, you will see HDD is already dead. Data Recovery charges are much higher than buying 3 or 4 HDDs. So always backup your priceless data on two or more HDDs. (I am not talking about your 1080i/p collection of movies)

Will recommend WD , seagate gets more hot thn the WD. What about the internal storage you have? U can either use the internal one as external. Buy a case for it (150-300 rupees) and buy a new WD green HDD for internal :) . Just a option from my side.

I have many documents, which i've stored in my computer. it's around several GBs. I do want to buy an external USB HDD. Probably will buy 1 HDDs of 1TB/500GB will do, because the other copy of it will be in the computer. The possibility of both going wrong on the same time is less/near to zero.Any suggestions upon this?

So always backup your priceless data on two or more HDDs. (I am not talking about your 1080i/p collection of movies)
LOL..:p

How reliable and safe is Google Drive?

prolly more reliable than physical media in your own home? keep multiple copies on multiple servers if you are that paranoid.

i am not a fan of relying on physical media at home for important data. i have suffered an office fire that destroyed one computer. shit can happen.

Back