Suggest Two Wheeler vehicle Insurance Provider

• Thread starter Thread starter moindear
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 2,775
from what i remember... you just find an agent. call him up. he comes to your place. get the details and a check/cash. and gives you a challan or a temporary paper. and the policy is then sent to you by courier.

Are those bike insurance rates mentioned here? I have an ICICI policy for 6 years now. Insurance amount has always gone down - as has the IDV. My latest IDV of 29K cost me 740 bucks. I have no claims made so far. I find ICICI the most convenient - the renewal is the fastest, and I get all documents instantly.

----------

I also have a car insurance, but that's from Bajaj, and I have to say I am pleasantly surprised by their service (during claims). Going by my experience, I would surely renew through them, and would recommend it to others too.

yeap. they send a pdf file by mail which u can print out. and they send a hard copy by courier too. worked well for me.

----------

as for car insurance. i am a pussy. i go for the one recommended by the service station. had one claim and it was handled without any botheration. so it has worked well for me.

I also have a car insurance, but that's from Bajaj, and I have to say I am pleasantly surprised by their service (during claims). Going by my experience, I would surely renew through them, and would recommend it to others too.

+1.

I think you can buy online insurance from almost all private insurance companies and not just ICICI. For bajaj you can try the following link:

https://general.bajajallianz.com/MotorInsurance/MotorInsurance.jsp?p_type=BTI

haha. that reminds me... my bike originally came with bajaj allianze insurance. when the renewal came, i tried checking their website to get it renewed. that was a bad day. spent hours on the website and phone to get some idea on how to do it. in the end, went to icici lombard and it took me less than 15 minutes to get a policy. most of that time was spent in filling the details of the previous policy in the ICICI's backend. now that time is not taken as i renew an existing policy with them.

I know premium amount would be small for Bike insurance but also do check the charges the insurance company takes...

what is the best way to approach them? Agent?

ANy process to follow as its a govt company.

I walked into the National Insurance Company center at my place and go it insured... the guys were cool.. infact they wre one who suggested me to insure for lesser amount as it is a 4yrs old bike (Unicorn). 40K for 1200/-

yeah i think there is an option to take a third party insurance only that costs much cheaper than general insurance.

haha. that reminds me...

my bike originally came with bajaj allianze insurance.

when the renewal came, i tried checking their website to get it renewed.

that was a bad day. spent hours on the website and phone to get some idea on how to do it.

in the end, went to icici lombard and it took me less than 15 minutes to get a policy.

most of that time was spent in filling the details of the previous policy in the ICICI's backend.

now that time is not taken as i renew an existing policy with them.

:)

I agree that easiest way to buy insurance online is infact ICICI Lombard. But i have read so many negative reviews about ICICI Lombard's claim settlement (on tbhp) that I could never gather courage to get my vehicle insured from them.

Also the premium charged by BA is comparatively less than the premium charged by IL. Just to check this fact i compared premiums on both sites last time i renewed my bike's insurance. The following is what i was quoted for my bike(Yamaha FZ16):

BA:
IDV: 53k
Premium: 1238

IL:
IDV: 50500
Premium: 1388

You can contact them at their office or call them and the agent will get to your place and complete all the formalities...My bike is 6 yrs old and I paid Rs.550 only.....

Back