Sun Direct DTH: Bad Experiences

• Thread starter Thread starter smartarv86
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 9,687

smartarv86

ISP
bsnl
I have purchased sun dth when it was initially introduced in December 2007. My DTH connection stopped working on 7th November 2009. I registered a compliant with my distributor viz. ZIG ZAG DTH SOLUTIONS PVT LTD on 8th November 2009. Two technicians visited my house to check the DTH's condition on 9th November 2009 and stated the set top box was not working and all other things are fine. I approached my distributor and gave my set top box and it was replaced with another water box(as they call it) on 11th November 2009. It worked for 2 days and suddenly stopped on 14th November 2009. On 16th November 2009 i got a call from an executive in Zig zag DTH ( name of the executive: Kavitha ) around 4 .p.m and she informed me to collect my original set top box by 17th November 2009 and till today they have not given any replacement for my set top box. Today morning i went to their office directly to enquire the status of my set top box and along with me some more customers were also present in the distributor's office. An executive of ZIG ZAG named Ashok used a filthy word to a customer standing besides me for just asking the status of his set top box. After a big chaos he was removed from the scene. And when i enquired about my STB Ms.Kavitha (ZIG ZAG DTH) told me to come back on 10th of December 2009 and collect a new box in lieu of my old STB. When i asked for a stand-by STB she asked me to get it from Sun Direct's office in Kottivakkam.Is this the way a customer should be treated. Also the distributor is not fit for customer service in any way. talking in filthy languages, speaking rudely. These things reflect on sun dth and not the distributor.

It seems that you have a very bad experience with Sun Direct, and also the attitude of their distributor and the ececutives present their are very rude towards customers. This really shows that Sun Direct have really poor customer service.

Are you paid any extra charges, like visiting charges & reparing charges or replacement charge?.....Because in My case, they have asked extra charges.:impissed::impissed:

Sun dth should change the model. Instead of asking us to deal with those filthy dealers and distributors, why not they themselves setup an office and do the servicing part? Don't they know those distributors and dealers are greedy? Sun will go like Dish tv if they have poor service.

They charged me Rs.150/- as service charge.Finally after a great fight i got my set top box back. The most important thing the SD distributors are doing is getting the STB from 10 customers, sending it to Sun Direct office. Sun direct sends some stb's as stand by, these boxes are given by them as replacement for those 10 customers. The original boxes which were given by those 10 customers again go in rounds to new complainants. Thus our original box is with some one else and we get boxes used by others and that too not in good condition. It is better if every single customer is given a stand-by box for mean time and then once the customer's original stb returns from sun direct it can then be given to them. Really a bad experience with SD.

I'm using this dumb DTH for one and half years. All was ok.Suddenly on fine day my STB got NO SIGNAL error. Immediately called CC, they asked me to to do manual scanning and Factory default. All CHANNELS DISAPPEARED, same NO SIGNAL was there. The CC person asked me to wait for 24 HOURS and call my distributor.I waited for one day and called distributor.2nd day i called distributor. the person said they are very busy... they can come only after 24 hours.3rd day i called again in morning. atlast somebody came in the evening. he successfully found STB is in problem. said some water logging was there. he asked me to give the STB for service. i said, i cant give without replacement. (it SEEMS THEY WILL NOT REPLACE as PER SD RULES)5th day he replaced somehow(told he is doing in personal effort)everything went good for next 2 days.8th day again NO SIGNAL. still my original STB is not back. i called distributor, he said my original STB is now useless, nothing can be done. so i have to wait till he get a replacement box. I have to wait for indefinite days it seems. When called CC again they said, PLEASE SOLVE THIS PROBLEM ONLY WITH Distributor.what a CUSTOMER SERVICE.PLEASE DONT BUY SUN DIRECT.i'm moving to some other DTH please somebody suggest me other DTH which will be good for tamil viewers.

can you tell me what are the tamil channels Airtel and Big has?Clarity ok AIRTEL,Which will be best in CC?

This seems to be a very bad experience for you from SUN Direct customer care and Distributors. Further if you are looking for another DTH, then Dishtv is the best for you with 5 sports channels and almost all Tamil channels available in their base pack of Rs.125 (Incl. Tax).

anyways.. thanks for your advice guys..I have moved to AIRTEL DTH..same day installation and activation. better than SD's picture and sound clarity and interactive services..AIRTEL has impressed me in starting itself.GOODBYE SD.but still i have my HomeTown connection of my parents.:happy:have to find way to get rid of it too soon..

Back