Sun Direct Problem still Continues

• Thread starter Thread starter kasikuwait
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 31
  • Views Views 17,890

kasikuwait

ISP
dsl
Dear friends I am Kasi and presently residing in Kuwait and i had purchased a Sun Direct connection from india on april of this year and brought 2 kuwait on may and it was working perfectly till july 17th.I came to know that on 7th there was a power glitch on Insat 4B satellite but i didnot face any problem till july 17th.I tried the factory default from the setupbox and now i am able 2 receive only 4 channelsi.e Kalaignar,Mega,ESPN &Discovery the remaining have no signal or it has signal upto 30%.i am really frustrated can anyone guide me how to tune for sd in kuwait .My setup Box is made by Samsung.Please help me and thanks in advance.

Dear friends
I am Kasi and presently residing in Kuwait and i had purchased a Sun Direct connection from india on april of this year and brought 2 kuwait on may and it was working perfectly till july 17th.I came to know that on 7th there was a power glitch on Insat 4B satellite but i didnot face any problem till july 17th.
I tried the factory default from the setupbox and now i am able 2 receive only 4 channels
i.e Kalaignar,Mega,ESPN &Discovery the remaining have no signal or it has signal upto 30%.
i am really frustrated can anyone guide me how to tune for sd in kuwait .
My setup Box is made by Samsung.
Please help me and thanks in advance.

They are sending software updates for Samsung stbs. If you can get 11030 freq then try OTA. Please note symbol rates have changed to other two frequencies.

Dhoni what do you mean by OTA and what are the two frequency? In Samsung sb the frequency and symbol rate are disabled ,how do i overcome that? Thank u for ur valuable comment.

Hi All,Presently i'm in UAE, I have purchased sundirect 2.5years before and after the power glitch on Insat 4B satellite. i haven't received any channel except ESPN. I contacted my friend and he aligned the dish properly and after that i'm able to watch Kalaingar, Mega, ESPN, Podhigai in the daytime. evening sun, ktv, etc, and most of the channels. He told me that the Samsung new receiver automatically updated the software and works but not for the old receiver as i have. Is it worth to wait or let us try Dish tv dth.suggestion please.

SD is sending software update for some Samsung receivers with it stb becomes unlocked!!! But I am not sure whether your model will be one of them. You try to auto scan the stb so as to find the changed freqs. At present these freqs are at the same power as of DD+. Earlier it used to be stronger. If you are getting DD+ fine then you should also get these.11030 V 2750011110 V 3000011610 V 3000012603 V 28800 DVBS2 and I am not sure whether it is working or will it be tuned on older receivers.

Thank you mr Dhoni for your comment.Mr Dhoni i am getting channels on the following frequency11570 Mhz,27500 KSym/s 11490 Mhz,27500 KSym/s 11150 Mhz,27500 KSym/s 11610Mhz,30000 KSym/s this is Star News when kept on this channel for 2 sec it displays the following messageRetuning to the Download streams! Please wait.....Connecting to the Download streams ! Please wait......Analyzing the Download streams ! Please wait......No new firmware ! then the same thing repeats .what should i do ? Please Help thanks in advance.

I don't have SD. I don't know what to do :( But with a fta stb do check whether you are getting 11030 V 27500. From this frequency that software update is coming. The frequencies you are getting are from DD+. SD signals are also around the same strength. So you may get it.

Try with a 6 feet dish or higher, if possible - in Gulf Temporarily this is the solution.

Mr Smile i am having 6 feet dish and my friend has 8 feet but still v cant get the signal.i heard that the problem has been solved in india and they have not moved to another satellite they are still on with insat 4b is it true ?

Mr Smile i am having 6 feet dish and my friend has 8 feet but still v cant get the signal.i heard that the problem has been solved in india and they have not moved to another satellite they are still on with insat 4b is it true ?

Yes they are still on 4B only. If you are getting DD+ then there is no reason why you shoudn't get SD signal. They are around the same strength.

Back