Sun Direct Problem still Continues

• Thread starter Thread starter kasikuwait
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 31
  • Views Views 17,892
Is it true that Sun Direct will move to Asia Sat5. whether we can realigned the dish to Asia Sat5.Please advise.

@^^No dont change, they have no channels in Asiasat now, they just started the testing and den again pulled down all the channels back.

Mr Dhoni i am having the Signal upto 68% but the Quality i am getting is only 28% (max). What DTH do u recommend for the Gulf people except SD. Too many viewers in the gulf are depending on the Setupbox rather than cable since it is very expensive and quality is poor.If there is any chances of SD 2 work back please do update me and i am having the latest setupbox made by samsung.Thank u in advance.

Report in today's The New Indian Express, Bangalore, web edition.
Some interesting points from this report:
1. "About 70 per cent of the DTH customers across the country have been affected by the sudden failure of the satellite, a leading digital cable operator claimed." This means Sun Direct and DD Direct hold a whopping 70% market share; the rest - Dish, TS, Big, Aitel, Videocon share a measly 30%.
2. "SUN Direct, which has seven out of 12 Ku-Band transponders on INSAT4B, has been tight-lipped about the failure so far.
When contacted by the Express, they declined to comment." Neither Sun Direct or its customers want to make an issue of this minor problem, willing to live and let live. I wish all DTH customers will follow the exemplary behaviour of sun customers when their own DTH services face such major (loss of signal during rains, CC ignorance) or minor problems (keeping quiet when transmission is lost).

Quote:

BANGALORE: It’s almost a month since a power supply glitch partially crippled services provided by domestic communications satellite, Insat 4 B, affecting some direct-to-home (DTH) players.
Sun Direct and DD Direct, according to subscribers, have not been able to mitigate the crisis.
Many channels are missing and some services are suspended. The DTH player has also stopped charging its subscribers for the affected channels.
Insat-4B, launched on March 12, 2007, from Kourou in French Guiana, suffered a power supply failure on July 7 affecting six Ku-Band (used by SUN Direct) and six C-Band transponders.
SUN Direct, which has seven out of 12 Ku-Band transponders on INSAT4B, has been tight-lipped about the failure so far.
When contacted by the Express, they declined to comment.
About 70 per cent of the DTH customers across the country have been affected by the sudden failure of the satellite, a leading digital cable operator claimed.

Glitch in satellite affects DTH services | | | Indian Express

dear friends It seems SD is still hanging on with INSAT 4B and there are updating some software thro Open T V for Samsung stpbx.Could anyone back at home (India) tell us whether the frequency and symbol rate have been changed from 11030 MHz ,27500 KSym/s or still it lies the same on ur samsung box ?My samsung box tries to connect to the download streams but ends up saying NO New Firmware!.It would be very Helpful if someone clarifies these doubt as we are abroad we cant do the servicing of the box we have to send it to india for servicing and that not so easy these days becaz of tight customs.thanks in advance.

Mr Dhoni i am having the Signal upto 68% but the Quality i am getting is only 28% (max).

What DTH do u recommend for the Gulf people except SD. Too many viewers in the gulf are depending on the Setupbox rather than cable since it is very expensive and quality is poor.
If there is any chances of SD 2 work back please do update me and i am having the latest setupbox made by samsung.
Thank u in advance.

No idea about Gulf as some tell Big ok and some tell it is bad and so on. But there are some people telling that they are now getting SD back in gulf. Are you getting DD+ fine?

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 PM ----------

dear friends
It seems SD is still hanging on with INSAT 4B and there are updating some software thro Open T V for Samsung stpbx.Could anyone back at home (India) tell us whether the frequency and symbol rate have been changed from 11030 MHz ,27500 KSym/s or still it lies the same on ur samsung box ?

11030 is at same 27500. Check the software version. Mostly it might have been updated. As per the OTA updates at the time of posting:

Samsung G2 CDL, P1CDL,P2CDL,P3CDL, HD
Homecast 5202 CDL
Opentec CDL
Test CDL1 and Test cdl2(don't know for which)

are coming now. These are the names seen but for some models streams aren't coming at present.

My friend who use Samsung STB in UAE, cofirmed today that the got an update today and able to see about 60% of the SD channels, including Sun Channels.After a gap of one week he switched on his STB today only, as he was out of station for one week. Agian he called me up today evening and confirmed all those channels he recvd today is working fine.

Anyway..I visited one of the Dealer(in Kerala) today. According to him they have stopped selling new connection now. Before Onam satellite change will happen and they will start the sales with New Onam Offer. So, he asked me to wait for one more week. He assures that there is a change in Satellite.

Back