Switching from BSNL to Airtel (Chennai)

• Thread starter Thread starter destark
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 27
  • Views Views 6,692
that is what i would suggest. there are basically no advantages in going for airtel. their customer care has gone to hell. they have been checking if they have disconnected my broadband connection since yesterday morning.

I've decided to stick with BSNL for now(I just realized they have a 4mbps/100GB plan for Rs. 1700 in my circle). If I start hitting the cap, this'll be the first alternative on my list.
There is? Show me where you found this plan for Chennai circle?

as mentioned earlier, this plan seems to be available for tamil nadu but not in chennai.

bsnl apparently consider them different circles for their plans.

hyderabad is included andhra pradesh is not.
i assume bangalore is also not included but karnataka is.

bsnl has cheaper plans than airtel and less nuisance. if you are in one of the circles where they are offering 100/175GB plans.
Unfortunately, it's not the case with Chennai circle. It seems to be different from Tamilnadu circle where ULD 2150 offers 175GB @4mbps. In Chennai, it just offers 100GB @1mbps. This is why I'm still sticking with Airtel.

As far as Chennai is concerned, Airtel has the best plans for heavy users. Reliance seems to be a good option in the last few days but it seems to be coming with it's own set of problems.

I posted this message before reading your last message. But like I said Chennai circle is not in TN circle. A few months back, I went to BSNL office and noone seems to have heard about these new plans.

yeap. makes no sense why they have the better plans in only few circles. i guess they want to compete better against airtel. for me bsnl 2150 had much better features compared to airtel's discontinued 2250 plan. as of now, airtel has just the 80GB 4mbps plan in my area. now that i have disconnected my older connection. i really have no option when it comes to airtel.

I'd switch to BSNL 2150 if they offer 175GB @4mbps. It also has 250 free call value.What doesn't make even more sence is why Chennai is not included in Tamilnadu circle and why BSNL would provide better plans to towns like Pondicherry, Coimbatore, Madurai or Trichy while giving inferior plans to an urban centre like Chennai?Airtel has penetrated within Chennai very well. Ninety percent of the new establishments I see on news paper advertisements have an Airtel number.

yeah. this plan was the primary reason i was tempted to move away from airtel.mission accomplished really!

got lucky as i got them to change my line speeds to 8000kbps. aviral has the same issues as me as his line speeds are set at 3999. i am getting fluctuating speeds that sometimes go beyond 4mbps. but it is much better than before when i was getting 2.8-3.4mbps.

Back